Senior Auditor, Internal Audit
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function Finance and Corporate Strategy
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1047896BR
What you'll do at
responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary.
- Assigns and directs audit staff in the validation of control design and effectiveness and identifies process deficiencies by testing performance of
controls against Company procedures and/or external regulatory/accounting requirements; evaluating process efficiencies; and performing advanced
data and analytical analysis.
- Communicates audit information (for example, audit findings, status updates, process improvements) to Customer and Audit Management team by
reviewing audit documents and work papers (for example, analyses, schedules, transcriptions, memos, and confirmation results related to audits)
documenting work papers, findings, and recommendations for Management presentations; ensuring presentation, review reports, and
correspondence are in alignment with Wal-Mart's internal audit standards; participating in Customer conferences; resolving Customer and team
issues; and updating audit Management and Customers on issues and risks.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in US Audit in the Internal Audit Department and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of
action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to
meet Customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Manages delivery of projects by overseeing completion of work product; and ensuring Customer satisfaction.
- Plans and executes Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) processes by establishing Customer contacts; creating test plans; delegating test work; training staff and
process owners on SOX application; training staff and process owners to document processes and identify key controls; working with Controller's
office, process owners, and external auditors in control deficiency and weakness identification; analyzing financial and business information to identify
improvement opportunities; and evaluating process owners' knowledge, adherence to , and execution of SOX regulations or requirements.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by
incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others
with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business
needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on
improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- 2 years experience in internal audit or business-related field.
- 1 year public accounting experience in assurance or internal audit.
- Financial certification or licensure (for example, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents