CONSORTIUM OP ATTENDEES: 2019 MBA Summer Intern-E3 Finance & Strategy
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function Finance and Corporate Strategy
- Employment Type Internship
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1047734BR
What you'll do at
From day one, you will have the opportunity to influence decisions at a Fortune 1 Company. Our ongoing transformation ensures countless challenging projects to tackle, strategies to reshape, and changes to manage. This provides opportunities for individual growth and the need for a strong leadership pipeline. That’s why we created the E3 Finance & Strategy program.
The cohort-driven E3 internship allows interns to build broad business experience, gain executive exposure and expedite professional development. It serves as a talent pipeline into the Walmart E3 Finance & Strategy program.
• Experience: Placement on one of our Finance & Strategy teams throughout the company, including Corporate, Walmart U.S., Walmart International and Sam’s Club. All internship placements will be based on Bentonville. You will have the opportunity to gain big data experience, build robust business and financial models and drive strategic insight in a variety of high visibility initiatives.
• Exposure: Exposure to the CEO, CFO and Senior Finance leadership through executive roundtables; interaction with MBA alumni who have progressed throughout the organization; evening and weekend activities to show you all that Northwest Arkansas has to offer.
• Education: Mentoring, technical skills development and individual coaching.
RESUME SUBMISSIONS ARE CONSIDERED FOR ALL POSITIONS SIMULTANEOUSLY:
Interviews will consist of one round on campus including both case and behavioral and one final round virtually with the Finance Leadership team. Internship offers will be made following the final round. Candidates with offers will be provided the opportunity to visit the Walmart Global Headquarters in Bentonville, Arkansas.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM YOUR INTERNSHIP PROJECT?
• Participate in or lead one or more projects throughout a 10-week summer assignment
• Conduct analysis using big data, builds robust financial and business models, and drives strategic insight for Finance and Strategy senior leaders in one of our business units: Corporate, Walmart US, Walmart International and Sam’s Club (GEC for summer?)
• Past internship projects examples:
o 3D printing market entry strategy
o Dairy upstreaming
o Digital food strategy
o Omni-channel pharmacy strategy
o Supply chain innovation / automation
o International strategic scorecard (for 20+ country portfolio)
• 3-5 years of professional experience in finance, quantitative, or strategic roles.
• Strong communication skills: experience presenting to and influencing senior leadership
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deal with ambiguity
• Strategic, critical thinking with strong problem-solving skills and common business acumen
• Excellent quantitative skills: comfortable analyzing large volumes of data in a fast-paced and dynamic retail environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Extreme attention to detail
• Authorization to work in US without restrictions
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents