Director, International Tax Planning
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function Tax
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1047509BR
What you'll do at
- Advises tax policy group on United States international tax laws by analyzing proposed United States tax laws and regulations; drafting policy advice with respect to such proposals; and communicating potential impacts.
- Defends completed projects by analyzing applicable tax law; collaborating with Federal Tax Controversies teams; explaining projects to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS); responding to IRS requests and inquiries; and helping to negotiate outcomes.
- Manages Company's foreign tax credit position by coordinating with other functional areas of Company to manage repatriation strategies and Subpart F (special category foreign-source unearned income that is currently taxed by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) whether or not it is remitted to the US inclusions.
- Provides overall direction for international planning in the International Tax department by analyzing business objectives and Customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer-focused environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Serves as international tax advisor to Treasury Department by identifying offshore cash financing needs; evaluating opportunities to repatriate offshore earnings; and ensuring overall Treasury objectives are aligned with tax strategies to prevent company from creating materially negative tax outcomes in conflict with planned tax strategies.
- Serves as subject matter expert on United States and international tax issues by monitoring changes and developments in tax laws; and providing tax advice on a broad range of Company initiatives.
- Drives execution of tax strategies by developing implementation tactics which incorporate multi-disciplinary considerations; advising on cross-border tax implications of international business strategies; and driving plans to create effective tax rate (ETR) and cash tax savings.
- 2 years of supervisory experience OR 2 years of leading and completing cross functional projects.
- Bachelor s degree in Finance or related field and 4 years experience in tax or related field OR 8 years experience in tax or related field.
- 10 years of experience in strategic international tax planning.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or related financial certification.
- Law degree.
- Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA), Finance or related field.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents