Principal Product Manager
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Product Management - Technology
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1041166BR
What you'll do at
1. Develop, in collaboration with category merchants an annual content strategy that is specific to the category(s) and subcategories. The strategy needs to be aligned to category business goals. Become a category expert utilizing external and internal resources to be a highly effective consultant to our business.
2. Implement and execute the content strategy, using and improving the existing Category Engagement practice. This role will be responsible for consistency of engagement across categories. Success will be measured on a quarterly basis against the strategy and individual project outcomes that are executed within the quarter.
3. Develop and use a consistent reporting model to show the value the content team is bringing to the category(s), this need to be aligned to merchandising KPIs such as driving CVI scores and improving P&L performance
4. Become an expert in the use of the tools the team uses, including but not limited to Omniture, Thoughtspot, Content Quality tools, DSS reports, the process to rank content sources, Supplier Center, the Content ingestion tool, Google Trends, Taxonomy tool and the ability to analyze data that is not always easily extracted.
5. Be able to provide consistent support to the merchants to help debug and rectify process and facilitate technical issues that may not always fall solely in your role
6. This position will be expected to independently use the tools to develop and execute a content strategy for a category. This position will also be expected to onboard new team members, mentor & train them in the use of the tools.
7. Be a content expert, understand all the various types of product attribution and content and which content types will have the most impact on product performance.
8. Understand the way the Walmart Catalog works, how products are categorized, how website facets are managed and how internal product hierarchies and managed.
9. Develop and maintain relationships with the category merchants at all levels in the organization. The expectation is that this role be invited to attend Category Strategy meetings and add value as a content expert and consultant.
10. Be able to work in a true matrix organization while being a mentor to all team members.
11. Stay abreast of latest developments, best practices and competitive intelligence in product content.
2. Excellent Communication skills
3. Work in a matrix, influence without authority
4. Attention to detail, persistent drive to understand details of process, tools
5. Strategic thinking
6. Process development and implementation
7. Ability to help merchants and suppliers understand technical and process related concepts
8. Knowledge of Product attribution, Product Content, Product page optimization.
Experience in Design, Customer Experience, Data Analytics & Visualization.
Experience with a Supplier to Walmart or Agency in a role related to Item Setup, Product attribution
About Walmart Labs
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts