Staff Software Engineer - Cloud Java
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1038478BR
What you'll do at
At Walmart, we understand that it's our people who make the difference. The talent and dedication of our teammates -- as they share an innovative idea, forge a well-crafted piece of code, or take the time to listen and make sure we're tackling the right problem -- accelerates the business and inspires us to do our own best work. With 69% GMV year-over-year eCommerce growth, websites in 11 countries, plus 11,000+ stores worldwide, Walmart generates $500 billion in annual revenue, and continues to revolutionize retail at a scale no one else can match.
As a Software Engineer at Walmart Technology, you'll be responsible for large-scale, cloud native application development, tools development and maintenance. You'll interact with business to provide robust technical solutions to business problems. You will work in an agile team and are expected to collaborate with very competitive engineers and develop efficient, scalable and highly reliable software. As a part of Application Foundation group of Walmart Technology Platform, you will build products and services in cloud which enable other teams to build applications that power not only eCommerce but also brick and mortar stores, distribution centers, fulfillment centers etc. You should be able to take initiative and quickly prototype and demonstrate innovative solutions to difficult problems. This team develops and runs critical cloud services which are utilized by business critical, revenue impacting applications. As such, you will be expected to take ownership of the developed solutions and support it in production.
- Bachelor of Science and 6 years related experience OR Master of Science and 3 years related experience
- 8+ years software development experience.
- 3+ years Java development experience.
- Expertise in Unix/Linux command line and shell scripting tools.
- Significant knowledge and experience in service-oriented architecture and micro-services.
- Significant experience in working on large scale software systems and platforms.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate at all levels from development to executives.
- Well versed in software methodologies and patterns, as well as the complete software development lifecycle
- Experience in Docker and Kubernetes is highly preferable.
- Experience using Git, Mercurial or similar.
- Experience in developing and deploying in cloud (AWS/Azure)
- Experience using ELK stack, Graylog, Splunk etc.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts