Senior Director, Sustainable Products - Food and Agriculture
- Location CONWAY, AR
- Career Area Corporate Affairs and Communications
- Job Function Corporate Affairs and Communications
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1026670BR
What you'll do at
Oversees and drives the development of innovative, industry-defining, global strategic initiatives in sustainable food and agriculture. Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals. Ensures the integration of sustainability initiatives into cross-functional business teams (for example, Walmart U.S. Merchandising and sourcing, International, Sam's Club) business plans, objectives, and overall business strategy. Oversees the implementation of Walmart's sustainability initiatives across functions and global markets. Serves as corporate spokesperson for strategic initiatives within sustainable food systems and is seen as an industry thought leader. Leads a team of three managers and works effectively across the organization at all levels to achieve Walmart's sustainability goals and drive shared value outcomes. Develop metrics and processes to ensure that Walmart is on track to achieve sustainability goals in food and agriculture including advancing progress in animal welfare, food reformulation, sustainable sourcing of key commodities, sustainable agriculture pillar in Project Gigaton and deforestation.
- Bachelor s degree in Business Administration, Environmental Science, Social Science, Communications, or related field and 6 years experience managing cross-functional projects for governmental or non-governmental organizations, consulting firms, or corporations OR 10 years experience managing cross-functional projects for governmental or non-governmental organizations, consulting firms, or corporations.
2 years experience managing strategic initiatives (e.g. environmental sustainability, social sustainability, women's economic empowerment, etc). 3 years experience developing and managing project budgets for governmental or non-governmental organizations, consulting firms, or corporations.3 years experience managing project teams in a matrix environment, 3 years sourcing and procurement experience
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents