Senior Manager II, Corporate Strategy
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function Finance and Corporate Strategy
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1022910BR
What you'll do at
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the course of the world’s largest retailer at a pivotal time in our company’s history. The role will provide direct access to and support from an engaged and passionate leadership team at the most senior levels. This role allows for a direct impact on our transformation which has implications for the retail industry as a whole.
The corporate strategy group is responsible for helping the senior leadership team to set the enterprise strategic agenda for Walmart. In close cooperation with the CEO and his direct reports we are working to define, plan and execute long-term enterprise strategy priorities that will set Walmart Stores, Inc. (encompassing all our segments, channels and geographies) on a path to accelerate growth and increasing value.
About the role
The Corporate Strategy Senior Manager is a project-based, consultant-like position that will work closely with our Sr. Director of Corporate Strategy and SVP Corporate Strategy and Business Development. This position also works with other senior leaders within strategy and across the business segments. The Senior Manager position helps to drive our strategy, planning, and execution by supporting several focus areas:
1.) Development and coordination of the enterprise strategic planning process, including business case development for future strategic priorities requiring research, analysis, problem solving and synthesis.
2.) Leads the Enterprise Risk Assessment requiring assessment of external global trends to identify strategy and operational risks and enterprise strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. This analysis informs the refinement of the enterprise priorities leading into the long range financial planning process.
3.) Development of materials to support Executive, Board and Board Committee strategy discussion and decisions. (customer trends, competitive analysis, industry forecasts, macro-environment reviews)
4.) Market analysis to support activities within the corporate development team (Mergers and Acquisitions)
5.) Indirectly manage other team members on various projects and career development.
Exact position projects and job responsibilities will vary depending on timing and experience. Example responsibilities as follows:
• Frame and manage complex analysis to drive business case development for key strategic focus areas (e.g., ecosystem analysis, customer lifetime value, category and segment prioritization, sustainability approach and anticipated competitive response)
• Develop strategic factbase and market intelligence benchmarking to highlight consumer and competitor trends, and disruptive/ emerging technologies, business practices, and macro issues with the potential to our enterprise-wide priorities
• Work collaboratively with business unit partners and corporate support teams to drive enterprise strategy execution and develop content for senior leadership updates
• Shape and support crafting the messaging of executive leadership content for high profile external meetings (e.g., Board of Director and Board of Director Committee meetings, Annual Shareholder Meeting, investment community meetings)
1 year of supervisory experience OR 1 year experience leading cross-functional projects.
2 years of supervisory experience.
Professional certification or license in Finance, Accounting, or related field (for example, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Series 7).
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents