Creative Director - Everyday Living
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1013831BR
What you'll do at
As a creative organization, we need to invest in full time leadership roles for these positions in order to attract and retain top talent, partner with GM’s/Marketing Directors and influence across the company and create a cohesive design strategy.
The Creative Director is responsible for managing and directing the creative team and their output for the digital scope of Walmart. This Home Creative Director (with an emphasis on the visual experience), reports to the Senior Creative Director, and partners with the Copy Director, as appropriate, overseeing the creative talent and work for all digital assets within the Home vertical (including those responsible for branding, marketing, design, production). This position is a highly impactful position as they will be providing creative direction and innovation related to the overall on-site consumer experience for Home.
•Appreciates media channels and has a strong understanding of their individual roles and opportunities.
•Has experience with creative for traditional, digital, social and emerging channels.
•Has an intimate understanding (executing, conceptualizing and overseeing) of art direction, design, agile content creation UX, and e-commerce.
•Is an experienced leader and has managed diverse teams.
•Is an excellent communicator - possessing strong persuasive skills and the ability to influence throughout the organization.
•Has a strong understanding of creative strategy, brand development and multi-channel creative.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Directs Photostudio and Imagery projects
- Fosters a test-and-learn environment across functional partners (for example, Site, Marketing, Merchandising)
- Oversees and regulates the online brand and brand voice
- Oversees user experience (UX) for key marketing initiatives
- Provides overall direction
- Sets and communicates the design and content creative vision
•Partnering with operations, copy director and content lead, direct the creative teams thru project completion in line with company goals.
•Inspires the creative team to be better connected to our business while also challenging in how we creatively solve using the platform and technology to a positive outcome.
•Formulates short and long term creative goals and strategies for achieving them.
•Maintains consistency from off-site creative platforms and campaigns to onsite consumer engagement and experience.
•Fosters a culture of curiosity and excitement for the innovative and the elevated experience while knowing how it connects to our business.
•Coordinates, collaborates and persuades key partners (marketing, merchants, UX, product) for an optimal creative product that pushes our business forward.
- Bachelor s degree in Design, Creative Writing, Advertising, Fine Arts, or related field and 7 years leading creative teams OR 9 years experience leading creative teams.
- 4 years experience working for or with creative agencies.
- 4 years experience managing brand initiatives for product launches.
- 4 years experience managing budgets, including budget forecasting and reporting financials.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents