Senior Disaster Recovery Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1009671BR
What you'll do at
The Disaster Recovery senior engineer assists in developing, implementing and maintaining policies, procedures and programs for ensuring the security and integrity of Walmart IT systems. The DR senior engineer will also participate in risk management analysis and assists with the creation of contingency and disaster recovery plans. The DR senior engineer will also assist in developing and executing testing processes utilized to validate the disaster recovery plans and environment. In addition the DR senior engineer will have a broad background in either Application development or at least 1 of the following infrastructure system administrator functions; Server, Storage or Network.
The DR Senior Engineer will be required to participate in:
• Work with Business Continuity management to ensure that the disaster recovery (crisis management) and business continuity plans drive disaster recovery (DR) strategy and procedures.
• Establishing and maintaining the overall plans for executing all DR procedures and understand their interdependencies.
• Establishing and maintaining detailed DR communications and command and control plans through a change management process.
• Work with other areas of IT to ensure that disaster recovery solutions are adequate, in place, maintained, and tested as part of the regular operational life cycle.
• Developing and understanding all testing necessary for a successful DR execution.
• Regularly report Disaster Recovery activities to upper management.
• Act as liaison for auditing and examination of disaster recovery processes.
• Help ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 5 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 10 years OR 7 years experience in information technology or related field within the last 10 years.
- 1 year troubleshooting experience in an infrastructure technology.
- 3 years experience building or implementing multiple types of infrastructure technologies (for example, routers, switches, servers).
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents