International Content Manager, UX
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area UX Design
- Job Function User Experience and Design (UX/UI)
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1007281BR
What you'll do at
In crafting engaging user experiences, we value Content as an integral part of the process. Our focus is to have clean copy with consistency in tone and voice to create seamless user experiences. By having products that are easy to use, understand and relate, we contribute to build trust and credibility, and increase user consideration and conversion in international markets.
WHAT WE WANT
As a Content Manager sitting within the Design team, you will be working with teams in Sunnyvale but also in Mexico, Canada, India and UK. We are looking for someone with experience working with international teams, who strongly values diversity and team collaboration.
We want your expertise to align content goals across those markets: tone, voice, brand and general look and feel. For that, you will start an early collaboration in product creation, partnering with different stakeholders such as Content Strategists, Product Managers, Business Leaders, UX Designers or Researchers. You advocate strongly for Content as a key partner for successful products.
You will use your knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, testing) to help define customer needs. Then you will collaborate with your content team to develop tone and voice for content across 11 platforms.
As a Content leader you will hire, mentor and manage Content Strategists from three international markets, facilitate their requests and define a convenient workflow. You will also support them by creating a work process and setting goals, timelines and expectations. You will need to track performance and share best practices throughout the organization.
Because you will have an overview of different markets across platforms, you will manage and update all reference materials, such Style Guides, Glossaries and Translation Memories.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – English and Spanish.
- 8+ years of working experience with content on web or mobile UX.
- 3+ years of experience in managing a content strategy team, with an ability to be still hands-on.
- A natural leader with excellent personal skills.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent education in English, Journalism, Technical Writing or equivalent experience.
- Portfolio showcasing an experience across different UX content types such as user interfaces, microcopy, education message, direct or transactional emails and style guides.
- Familiarity with accessibility standards and how to write for screen readers.
- Problem-solving skills, user empathy and business acumen.
- Experience in building and maintaining a content standard guide in a large cross-functional team environment.
- Great understanding of constraint and opportunity that technology creates.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents