Director, Cost Transformation; Budgeting & Tools
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function Finance and Corporate Strategy
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1002848BR
What you'll do at
This position will partner with key stakeholders in the budgeting process to establish timelines, standards, processes and technologies as well as look for opportunities to gain efficiencies. The position will require significant cross-functional work and relationship building across the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
• Leads the planning and development of large complex processes by defining the scope and objectives of the process; working with business units to identify goals, success criteria, assumptions, risks, and known issues with the process; coordinating planning activities (for example, business requirements, risk assessment, current and desired diagrams, target date) and assembling management plans; providing guidance on process roles and responsibilities; ensuring tasks are executed as defined in the schedule in order to achieve the goals; monitoring budgets and costs; managing changes (for example, scope, schedule, costs) to the plans; and ensuring adherence to established quality standards.
• Manages the delivery of large complex processes by prioritizing critical issues for root-cause analysis; ensuring resolution of critical issues; monitoring progress versus plan; escalating complex or difficult issues; tracking expenditures and budgets; providing informational presentations; managing stakeholder expectations; holding self and project team accountable for project delivery; and developing performance reports.
• Leads process improvement by providing input and ideas to improve processes; collaborating with stakeholders to enhance processes; providing guidance to associates in process improvement; recommending process improvement recommendations to leadership; and removing barriers (for example, existing business process, organizational structures).
• Develops and maintains professional relationships with all key stakeholders (for example, senior management, end users) by educating sponsors and stakeholders on process requirements; collaborating with stakeholders to assess costs and establish the return on investment (ROI); securing management approval for resource allocations; creating the communication plan which determines communication level, frequency, detail, and distribution of status updates; and minimizing impact of changes (for example, scope, schedule, costs).
• Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
• Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
• Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
8 years’ experience in managing or consulting on financial programs for large corporations or related field.
4 years’ experience in delivering projects on time and within budget.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents