Senior Director, Business Intelligence
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 1001542BR
What you'll do at
•Manage the day to day data analysis supporting the following key Marketing groups: Category Marketing, Vehicle/Channel Management, and Customer/CRM.
•Ensure data quality and consistency of inputs, as prerequisite to accurate analysis.
•Support key Categories with analysis plan that align to each Category’s unique goals and challenges.
•Drive channel/vehicle learning agenda that generates actionable and repeatable outcomes that can be applied for ROAS improvement.
•Lead demand curve analysis, by Vehicle and Category, to influence budget recommendations and adjustments.
•Drive customer segmentation analysis, including acquisition and retention measurement and LTV projections.
•Leverage propensity modeling to help guide customer-centric targeting and retention strategies, and determine ideal marketing vehicles to employ. Use device mapping to ensure complete view of the customer journey.
•Set-up measurement studies and performance tracking in partnership with key media partners to enhance our view of the customer.
•Provide both Ad-Hoc analysis, as well as tools, for self-serve analytics where needed.
•Provide training and context to enable correct interpretation of self-serve data.
•Consistently share analysis with the larger Marketing organization to allow cross-pollination of learnings, and to champion the cause of becoming a more data-driven organization.
- Articulates the needs of current and future customers to executive leadership
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Develops strategies to advance customer advocacy across channels
- Oversees team alignment according to strategic learning agendas
- Oversees the development of customer insights to innovate the customer experience across channels
- Provides overall direction
•8 years of experience in campaign measurement and/or integrated marketing strategy.
•Experience leading teams of 6 or more.
•Experience working across various internal stakeholders including Category Marketing, Channel Marketing, Customer Experience and CRM, Finance, and Engineering.
•Retail Analytics expertise, preferably with large Omni-channel retailer in multiple consumer categories.
•Strong understanding of paid, owned and earned media channels, with deep practical experience in paid channels such as SEM, Affiliates, Display and Paid Social.
•Knowledge of the changing digital media landscape, including innovative measurement techniques for Mobile, Social, and Addressable Broadcast.
•Extensive experience with A/B and Multivariate test design and implementation. Applied use of several A/B testing tools, with strong understanding of the strengths of each.
•Track record of action-oriented analysis and recommendations: Focused on business outcomes to drive all priorities and accountability.
•Experience leading customer segmentation strategy and LTV analysis, with emphasis on the Omni-channel customer. Experience applying propensity models to increase basket size and purchase frequency.
- 6 years supervisory experience.
- Bachelor s degree in Business Administration or related field and 7 years experience in Marketing Research, Data Analytics, Consulting, or related field OR 10 years experience in Marketing Research, Data Analytics, Consulting or related field.
•Experience measuring Mobile and Social channel effectiveness, including techniques beyond cookie-based solutions.
•Strong analytical and quantitative skills and ability to translate findings into actions that align to the needs of the business.
•Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively manage projects, communicate effectively, and be a self-starter.
•Demonstrated thought leadership and relationship building/management with internal stakeholders and external partners.
•Experience managing data visualization and democratization tools, as consistent source of truth, and evangelizing adoption across the organization. Specific experience with Tableau, Thoughtspot, Looker or Domo.
•Experience and passion for working in a fast-paced agile environment.
- 4 years of experience with customer analytics in retail operations or related field.
- Masters in Business Administration or related field.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents