Senior Director II, Software Engineering - Transportation
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 1001125BR
What you'll do at
Senior Director II, Software Engineer - Global Transportation Systems.
You will be running a large, distributed engineering team operating a brand new TMS (Transportation Management System) with key business partners on multiple continents. Lead this platform through the next wave of growth; leading for scale. Lead our growing Global Transportation Systems including a unique focus on last mile online orders in stores and delivery. This person will coach and develop the current team of XX engineers and continue to grow it.
We believe in close collaboration to build products and services that meet our customer’s needs. The best candidate will embrace our culture of servant leadership and cross-team collaboration; working closely with other senior leaders in shaping our strategy and execution. The role requires a visionary leader who loves technology and loves leading people – and will help us evolve as technology and customer needs constantly change.
• Technology: Hands on technologist with deep and broad technical capability, and an innate passion for technology. Software delivery experience.
• People Leadership and Talent Development: Lead a large team of software engineers and leaders. Develop and lead a high performing management team.
• Technical credibility with the engineering team and a proven ability to productively challenge current thinking.
• Industry: Retail, Transportation or Supply Chain a plus. Understands the demands & market.
• Communication and Relationships: with a diverse set of global business partners
• Degree in a STEM field
• Is a missionary, not a mercenary
Yes, relocation is required to Bentonville, AR. Robust relocation benefit assistance offered.
See what our NWAR region has to offer! I think it’s one of the best kept secrets in the United States: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIkFrzIN9So&feature=youtu.be
Email Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager: email@example.com
- 7 years experience developing, presenting, and implementing organizational strategies.
- 7 years experience supervising teams in both direct reporting and matrix structures.
- 7 years of budget management experience (for example, procurement of services, hardware, cost center P&L management).
About Walmart Labs
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts