Need some help getting started?
No matter what you are looking for, we have the answers to your application questions.
Overall Application Process
What is required to apply for a job at Walmart or Sam's Club?
Application requirements vary depending on the career area you are viewing. As a minimum age requirement, you must be at least 16 years old to work at Walmart or Sam's Club. Certain positions, however, require a minimum age of 18. To apply for opportunities you are qualified for, please visit our Job Search home page.
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 10–15 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information.
Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
Can I stop the application in process and come back to finish it later?
Yes, if you are in the middle of an application and are unable to complete it for any reason, you have the ability to save your work and log back in at a later time to complete the application via "saved drafts."
Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
Hourly Position Assistance
How can I apply for an hourly position with Walmart or Sam's Club?
You can find overall hourly hiring application information here.
What does a typical day look like in a Walmart store or Sam's Club?
We think one of our fantastic associates, Rene, can tell it best. Check out her story!
Where can I find a list of all Walmart and Sam's Club stores?
- Visit the Walmart Store Finder to discover the location nearest to you.
- Visit the Sam's Club Finder to discover the location nearest to you.
How can I find a Walmart or Sam's Club close to me that is hiring?
Be sure to follow our store and club hourly roles main page for the latest on store openings. We are usually always hiring in our stores and clubs so be sure to apply for the locations that you are interested in for consideration.
Can I apply to a store or club that has not opened yet or is not currently hiring?
For new stores or clubs that are opening soon, the hiring search will begin 114 days prior to the grand opening date. New store opening dates and information are available one month prior to their open date on our main page for store and club hourly roles.
If I would like to apply to multiple stores in my area, do I need to submit separate applications for each one of them?
No, during the application process, once you search for stores/clubs in your area you can select multiple locations at one time by clicking the boxes next to those that you are most interested in.
How can I apply to work in a Walmart or Sam's Club Distribution Center?
You can find career opportunities within our Distribution Centers here.
Salaried Position Assistance
Where are the Walmart and Sam’s Club domestic and international corporate offices?
The Walmart and Sam’s Club Corporate Home Offices are located in Bentonville, Arkansas. There is an additional Walmart Technology office located in Reston, Virginia and additional Distribution Centers and Call Centers located around the country. The Walmart Global eCommerce Headquarters is located in San Bruno, CA. For more information on additional satellite offices for Walmart Labs please visit their website.
How can I apply for a salaried position with Walmart or Sam’s Club in the stores?
You can find store and club management application information here.
How can I apply for a salaried position with Walmart or Sam’s Club at a corporate office?
You can find career areas within the corporate offices and application information here.
I heard about an open position that interests me. Can I apply online before it is posted?
Unfortunately, no. You can apply once the position has been posted online.
How do I make a request for reasonable accommodation in order to fill out the application?
- If you are applying for an hourly role within the store, please contact the personnel office at the store you are interested in to share what you will need in order to complete the application.
- For salaried roles at the Home Office, you can speak with a recruiter about reasonable accommodation if you receive an interview or further communication for consideration.
What if I am an international candidate?
Walmart and Sam’s Club are committed to complying fully with the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA). Walmart and Sam’s Club can provide sponsorship for work visas and legal permanent residence for certain professional or specialized management positions.
Are unsolicited search firm and agency submissions accepted?
No, this type of application will not be eligible for review or consideration.
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for Home Office, Transportation, Logistics and Field Management roles?
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for hourly roles?
Visit this site for the latest list. If your system does not meet these requirements, we encourage you to either download a compatible browser, or access the site from a public system such as a library, school, or other method.
How can I reset my pin for Hourly Positions?
- In-store Kiosk
Have you previously applied or started an application at a Walmart, Sam's Club, or Distribution Center Hiring Kiosk within the last 60 days? If so, the PIN you should enter is the same PIN you used when you applied at the store/club/DC. If you do not remember your PIN from the Hiring Center Kiosk or the Online Hiring Center, please go to that facility and ask for Personnel. Please show the personnel associate your picture identification and ask that individual to look up your PIN.
If you applied online and do not remember your PIN, please go to the Walmart, Sam's Club, or Distribution Center where you wish to apply and ask personnel to look up your PIN. Bring proper photo identification with you.
What do I do if I forgot my password for Home Office, Transportation and Logistics, and Field Management Roles?
If you forgot your password, click the “Forgot your password?” link and enter your registered username. A password recovery email will then be sent to the associated email address on file. If you did not enter a contact email address for your profile, you can answer the security question you selected, and you can reset your password in that screen.
What do I do if I forgot my password for Stores/Hourly Roles?
- If you can't remember your username and/or password, you may create another username and password. After logging in with your new username and password, you will then have to type in your Social Security Number and PIN to retrieve your application. Also, your username and password may have expired. Please try to create a new username and password.
- You also have the option to update your application at your local Walmart, Sam's Club, or Distribution Center by using the Hiring Kiosk. All you need there is your Social Security Number and PIN.
What if my sign-in email is no longer active?
If your sign-in email is no longer active, you can create another user profile with your new email.
Can I create another profile with a different email address?
Yes, but you will have to re-upload your information, including resume and personal information.
How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
How should I protect myself when applying from a public computer?
Access to the ATS is via a secure login process and the ATS is set to time out if an applicant is inactive during the application process. In addition, we recommend that you follow best practices when using a public computer, i.e., do not save files on the public computer’s hard drive, do not save passwords, delete your browsing history, cookies and temporary files, and close the browser session when you are done with your application.
How do I verify that it is a Walmart recruiter reaching out with a legitimate opportunity?
To protect yourself from email and recruiting scams, please note:
- We do not accept applications via email or fax.
- We never ask for money as part of the application process.
- We only contact job applicants from the email addresses listed below or through trusted search firm partners who recruit on our behalf to say they are with a search firm recruiting for roles at Walmart.
- Sometimes people claiming to be representatives of Walmart pretend to recruit potential employees on behalf of Walmart. They have been known to offer help in securing work permits and visas in exchange for money.
These types of scams typically do the following:
- Use the Internet or local newspapers and other print materials to advertise false job openings.
- Request that applicants send their application, resume, or CV to an illegitimate email address or fax number.
- Request that applicants wire funds to a bank account to cover processing and/or immigration fees.
Scams usually involve the use of illegitimate email addresses created to lead you to believe the communication is authorized by Walmart. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org is not an authorized email, nor are gmail domains authorized. Below is our list of approved Walmart email domains for the United States:
NOTE: If you receive any communication concerning employment opportunities with Walmart from an email domain that is not listed above, even if it appears to be from Walmart, it is likely unauthorized. Please use your local directory to contact the hiring location and speak with the Human Resources department to verify the message's authenticity.
Resume/CV For Applying At Walmart
Do I need a resume/CV to apply to all jobs at Walmart?
No, for hourly roles you do not need a resume or CV in order to apply but you will need to share your job history and highlights on the application itself. If you would like to upload your resume there will be a section where you can add it to your application.
What are the recommended resume formats and sizes?
- Attachments are limited to 5MB each, and each candidate is allowed a maximum of 5 attachments
- Accepted file extensions and formats are .avi, .bmp, .csv, .doc, .gif, .htm, .html, .jpg, .mov, .mp3, .mp4, .mpeg, .mpg, .ppt, .pdf, .rtf, .swf, .tif, .txt, .wmv, .xls, .xml, .docx, .pptx, .xlsx
I don’t have computer access. Can I just apply in the store on their computers or fill out a paper application?
- For hourly roles, please feel free to use the hiring center kiosks in the store to fill out an application. We do not accept paper applications.
- Additionally we would recommend checking for computer access at your local library or workforce solution center.