Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Primary Care Physician
- Location CALHOUN, GA
- Career Area Walmart Health
- Job Function Clinic
- Employment Type Medical Professional
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD843970
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart Heath is hiring!
Walmart, the Fortune #1 Company and the Nation’s largest private employer, is helping people save money and live better - and healthier lives. Walmart strives to be a center of wellbeing in the communities we serve, and we have a unique opportunity to provide access to affordable healthcare to millions of people. We need passionate healthcare professionals to help us achieve our mission.
MC Medical LLC, the primary care provider to Walmart Health, is looking to hire several Primary Care Physicians.
The Primary Care Physician for Walmart Health’s Clinical team will be responsible for meeting, assessing, and diagnosing patients in our clinic and providing them with healthcare services that meet State and National standards for caregiving. They will be responsible for prescribing patients with appropriate medication, health regimens and lifestyle adjustments that will contribute to their recovery from diagnosed health issues, prevent future health issues and/or promote a healthier life. This opportunity offers the exceptional experience in cross collaborating with other providers specialized in their fields. The ideal candidate will be board certified.
- Residents welcome to apply with experience providing primary care and diagnostic services in a clinical setting; 3+ years experience preferred
- Preferred experience prescribing appropriate medications, treatments, and health regimens to treat patient health issues
- Preferred experience collaborating with multiple Advanced Practice Nurses to ensure positive, effective patient experiences with our organization.
- MD. or D. O. degree.
- Successful completion of residency at an accredited US healthcare institution.
- Board certification in primary care or related field from the American Board of Medical Specialties or American Osteopathic Association.
- Current, unencumbered State Medical Practitioner License or in process of applying 5-6 month prior to the position’s pending start date.
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Department of Public Safety (DPS) registration (if applicable to state), for prescription writing.
- Is not sanctioned/excluded/disbarred from any State or Federal Health Plan and has not Opted out of Medicare participation.
- Willing to share malpractice history upon request.
Join our community:
MC Medical LLC/Walmart Health, offers a competitive package including base salary, bonus, relocation, and more!
The transformation Walmart is making to the way health care is delivered at affordable, transparent pricing will impact individuals and communities for years to come — this is a chance to be part of something special! The opportunities presented by applying our resources and commitment to an area like H&W is limitless…. impacting the lives of consumers... saving them money and helping them live better. You really can make a difference!
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...450 W BELMONT DR, CALHOUN, GA 30701-3016, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth