Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager I, Technical Program Management
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Project and Program Management - Technology
- Job Function Project and Program Management – Technology
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD812531
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Here at Walmart, we’re driven by an intellectual curiosity that keeps us on the cutting-edge of user design and a seamless customer experience. We’re intrigued by the opportunity to engineer the most optimal approach that drives conversions and generates consumer loyalty across every touchpoint of the digital journey.
About the Team
As a member of the CSRET team, you’ll be responsible for helping with and directly driving programs across CSRET in a dynamic and changing business environment, managing complex and large matrixed projects that are transforming Walmart and the retail industry. You’ll operate as a trusted advisor and goto person for the Technical Program Management Leadership and CSRET Leadership. As a member of the team, you’ll be able to say that you work for the world’s largest retailer and contribute to the development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.
As a Sr. Mgr.I Technical Program Manager, you will have day-to-day responsibility for driving large scale programs cutting across matrixed teams for the overall CSRET engagement. Being the overall lead in the U.S. coordinating with both the business partners and Engineering teams. You will also be a leader partnering with CSRET Leaders to help drive continuous improvement on operational excellence and ways of working.
- Partnering with leadership team to define vision and strategy and applying principles and data to ensure organizational focus and clarity
- Working closely with the Technical Program Management Leader of CSRET and their leadership team on resource planning, how we track work across the organization, monthly and quarterly strategic planning and more…
- Boundary-less leadership, partnering communicating and influencing across teams to align on shared goals and outcomes for our programs
- Enabling transparency and de-risking execution through enterprise agile best practices
- Helping manage through integration of new and existing technologies
You will be an evangelist for change management at all levels of the organization including executive leadership. Additional responsibilities include implementing change management best practices across the CSRET Organization.
Now, imagine doing all the above for the world’s largest retailer. That’s the Walmart experience. Intrigued?
You’ll really wow us if…
- Your ability to rise above group think and see beyond the here and now is matched only by your intellectual curiosity.
- You consider yourself to be a student of the world who thrives in an ever-changing environment that holds within its new challenges and chances to prove your expertise.
- You level up when you can teach others and empower those around you to excel.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Helping cross-functional teams to solve for business problems and develop solutions that enable us to redefine a “best-in-class” customer experience.
- Being able to manage through ambiguity and deliver with delight.
- Manage relationships with geographically distributed teams, offshore development teams and third-party vendors.
- Ensuring business and global technology goals are being met.
- Being Responsible for creating and consolidating program timeline and communicating overall program health in a way that all levels of the organization can consume.
- Ensuring each team understands the overall project objectives and timeline and how their deliverables impact the overall program.
- Working collaboratively with cross-functional peers and senior leaders/stakeholders to resolve program issues, drive mitigation plans, and update and educate Policies.
- Interacting, negotiating, and influencing decisions across multiple tracks and executive leadership.
- Promoting and supporting company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- 10+ Years of Program Management Experience leading complex SaaS platforms
- Strong technical background in software development
- Strong experience with Enterprise Agile Project Management
- Demonstrated ability to build strong x-functional relationships
- Exceptional and concise verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to communicate both at the executive and team level
- Skilled in Data-driven, objective analysis and decision making
- Ability to manage large, complex projects in an Agile environment
- Comfortable presenting to and persuading multiple stakeholders from front line associates to business and Global Technology Executives
- Comfortable in a fast paced, growing environment
- Demonstrated ability to rationalize ambiguity
- 3+ Years experience managing a team
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Technical degree or equivalent experience
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are?
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor of Science and 5 years' technical program management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' technical program management
experience OR 9 years' technical program management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth