Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager, Store Space Design
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Real Estate, Construction and Realty Execution
- Job Function Real Estate, Construction and Store Planning
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD791589
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Manage new design solutions and the adaptation of existing store designs by receiving guidance on business strategies from leadership; create design solutions based on new ideas; generate design solutions that drive sales, profitability, and reduce expenses; coordinate the development of new ideas; lead design sessions; enhance the customer experience through consideration of customer needs and expectations; maximize operational efficiencies and space allocation; and collaborate across various areas of the company (for example, Merchandising, Realty, Marketing, Operations).
- Develop design project requirements based on team design guidelines by reviewing and coordinating design elements (for example, shell construction, planned locations for lighting, signage) and consider department adjacencies and the overall shopping experience; outline new design and business strategy requirements; create multiple design solutions and options; identify tradeoffs required to implement business plans; ensure consistency through guideline documents; provide guidance to build store and specific business unit design plans; provide visual aids (for example, photos, Portable Document Formats (PDFs), PowerPoint slides); and confirm that designs are operationally efficient.
- Ensure design standards are followed during implementation for a strategic business unit by reviewing design plans; monitor the implementation within store pilots; ensure business requirements are met.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; support and align efforts to meet customer and business needs; and build commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identify business needs; determine and carry out necessary processes and practices; monitor progress and results.
- Model compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; use the Open Door Policy; and demonstrate and assist others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities
- Adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Identifying opportunities, recommending improvements, and approving implementation to scale design.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in drafting technology, computer aided drafting, drafting and design technology, architectural design, or related field and 1 year experience in retail store design or related field OR 3 years experience in retail store design or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Project Management, Retail Industry, Retail Store Design or Layout, Supervising Associates
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"Something I enjoy about my job is knowing I can contribute to Realty’s ability to build, open and maintain our stores efficiently."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth