Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Director, Software Engineering - Quality
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD784918
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart’s associate productivity tools are used by millions of associates worldwide to perform critical job functions from receiving to inventory to merchandise movement.
We utilize cutting-edge technology such as the cameras and sensors built into mobile phones, augmented reality, and specialized equipment like RFID to build innovative tools that enable associates to perform their job duties efficiently and effectively, to better serve Walmart customers and generate positive business outcomes.
The Director of Engineering, Quality will focus on the automation of testing / regression and overall quality of our core portfolio, leading to a reduction is operation cost. This will also enable the team to be more agile and nimble.
You will sweep us off our feet if you:
- Focus on customer empathy
- Have strong exposure to testing frameworks for performance, mobile and backend testing
- Have strong exposure to various testing strategies such as A:B testing, Test driven development.
- Focus on building relationship across different pillars.
- Have an affinity to being analytical
You will make impact by:
- Having responsibility for managing multiple teams building consumer-grade mobile applications that can run on commodity hardware running Android and iOS.
- Leading and inspiring your teams while effectively prioritizing work and maintaining a strong customer focus to create business value while putting processes in-place to ensure successful outcomes.
- Being a strategic thinker by adopting a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
- Being customer focused delivering expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
- Being a champion for digital transformation and change by driving continuous improvements, supervising the adoption of new technology, and supporting digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model.
- Finding ways to deliver incremental value while solving tactical problems strategically.
- Possessing a combination of strong technical, people, and operational skills and a platform mindset and have a track record of using data to drive continual improvement.
- Having built and managed a global QE team
- Bringing your 6+ years (minimum) of managing engineering teams + your BS or MS (preferred) degree in Computer Science or related field
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 6 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 8 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
3 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years' experience in software engineering
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth