Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Director, Procurement
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Online Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD781028
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Join the International Procurement team to support the development of the international procurement team for the world’s largest retailer! The Director, Procurement is responsible for providing strategic thought leadership to create a world class procurement organization. The role will define the “one best way” for the Global Procurement team including but not limited to supplier strategies, supplier relationship management, category strategy development, contracting strategy, and risk management. In addition, they will be responsible for defining our digitization roadmap to ensure we have best-in-class tools to support these processes. This would include implementing Source to Contract and Procure to Pay systems.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you have:
- A deep understanding of procurement and industry leading processes and tools
- Experience with Coupa
- Experience building spend analytics tools and other core procurement tools
- Experience defining and building the talent development and training plans for the Global Procurement team
- Experience in setting department metrics including savings plans and other KPIs in support of driving change management and holding Global Procurement teams accountable for delivery of goals.
- Proven success exhibiting fearless leadership to drive change across a highly diverse set of constituencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You’ll make an impact by:
- Creating the case for change and driving change management
- Influencing up and across matrixed organizations
- Driving accountability and delivery against goals
- Recruiting, managing and developing a high-performing team
- Thinking through strategy and taking complex problems, break them down and drive change
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Option 1: Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, economics, technology, or related field and 6 years' experience in procurement strategy, contract management, analytics, or related field. Option 2: 8 years' experience in procurement strategy, contract management, analytics, or related field and 5 years' experience leading cross-functional teams/projects.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Experience with cross-functional teamsMasters: BusinessCPPM - Certified Professional Purchasing Manager - Certification
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"We advocate for our customers, provide opportunity to our employees, and support efforts that better the lives of millions of people."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth