Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Staff Software Engineer - Android - Kotlin OR iOS Swift
- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD682741
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Staff Software Engineer – Point of Sale - Android - Kotlin OR iOS Swift
We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer who is proficient with mobile application development to join our Point of Sale team for Walmart. This candidate would require to be proficient with React Native, Redux, Native Bridge development, Android-Kotlin/iOS-Swift development to design and architect this application with a React-Native View leveraging Native code as needed.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
· You have a deep interest and passion for technology and want to build next-generation front end applications. You come from the retail industry.
· You are curious about building highly available, highly resilient systems with single-digit latency and want to build them in real life where every day you are solving a new challenge and learning new things. You have had a role that consists of designing, developing code, bug fixing, and DevOps.
· You are a person who wants to work in a company where 56 million items are sold on a holiday at 1000 transactions per second.
· You are a fast learner and have strong problem-solving, analytic, decision-making skills.
· You have excellent communication with interpersonal skills.
· You are self-driven and motivated to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities.
· You enjoy taking ownership and delivering on a commitment.
- Experience in developing apps written in React Native using Redux and involving native bridge development with experience integrating with Native code in either Android-Kotlin or iOS Swift.
- 6+ years of solid experience in mobile application development frameworks (API, testing, deployment, etc.) building a highly responsive mobile App.
- Experience in Design, Development, Coding, Testing, and Releasing to QA.
- Experience with monitoring App performance, stability, and success rate and leveraging data to improve the same.
- Improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation, and performing code reviews.
- A strong foundation of software design – know-how to create software that’s extensible, reusable, and meets desired architectural objectives.
- Emphasis on the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the app. Knowledge of memory management and multi-threading. Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services.
Preferred (not Required) skills:
- Experience with Splunk, Dynatrace/Monitoring tools, Google Cloud Platform, or Kafka
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists, and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers' shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
Primary Location...10790 PARKRIDGE DR. SUITE 200, RESTON, VA 20191, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth