Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Software Engineer III
- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD588864
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
We are looking for a Backend Engineer, who will be responsible for improving our merchandise picking system within our Walmart Stores. If you are looking to work on a highly scalable and resilient Kafka Streaming application, look no further.
We employ big data at scale -- from machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms, to modeling and analyzing massive flows of data from online, social, mobile, and offline commerce. We don’t just engineer cool websites, mobile apps, and new services; we use our own open-source tools to create the framework. Deployment is automated and accelerated through our open cloud platform. This makes us incredibly nimble and able to adjust in real-time to our global customers. Walmart's Global Cloud Platform team helps thousands of developers save time and code better, so that millions of Walmart associates can help hundreds of millions of customers save money and live better. We sustain millions of transactions per second, process petabytes of data, and enable tens of thousands of production deployments per day. We simplify the complexities of scale and unify software development for all aspects of the business, digital and physical.
You'll sweep us off our feet if you…
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of software development (Java is preferable)
- Being independent thinker and problem solver
- Experience with being a core contributor to a software project: understanding domain and business requirements, being responsible for critical parts of application
- Solid skills in java stack (Spring, Maven, JaxRs, Hibernate)
- Solid experience with web services (REST APIs, understanding idempotency, HTTP methods and response codes)
- Experience with using Linux command line tools
- Experience using source control systems (git)
- Experience with working with CI/CD (Jenkins/Travis)
- Experience with working with cloud deployments (scaling, resiliency, load balancing etc)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (MSSLQ, Cassandra, Couchbase)
- Experience working with message stream systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Experience working in agile environment (Scrum, daily standups etc)
Additional qualifications that are a plus:
- Understanding micro-service architecture and domain driven approach
- Experience of delivering and supporting a large scale production system
- Experience working with logging and application monitoring stack: Splunk, Grafana etc
- Experience working with docker containers and container orchestration basics (Docker, Kubernetes/Docker Swarm)
- Some level of experience with UI - being able to understand UI tech stack, needs and limitations
- Good communication skills, working in multi-team projects
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...10790 PARKRIDGE DR. SUITE 200, RESTON, VA 20191, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth