Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Software Engineer III
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD520856
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world's largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
As a software engineer, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our data scientists, business partners and systems engineers to drive the definition and implementation of the next generation of applications and analytics tools for our predictive intelligence platform.
We are focused on teamwork, technology, and most importantly the customer. From using traditional web applications to visualization tools to mobile to enable data scientists and business users get actionable insights into extreme data, there are a lot of exciting opportunities!
- Develop real-time predictive analysis tools and back end platform
- Enable data scientists, business and product partners to fully leverage our predictive analytics platform for very large volumes of data
- Demonstrate and clearly articulate reasoning for design and implementation choices
- Demonstrate willingness to take feedback and adapt solutions where appropriate
- Interact with other team members to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Lead and participate in medium-to large-scale projects
- Be the consummate team player with a demonstrable ability to learn quickly. Amazing ability to get stuff done
We would like to see…
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 3 to 5 years of engineering experience (the more the better)
- Built large scale projects with Java and Spring
- Willing and able to work with a variety of programming languages
- Good knowledge of databases such as Oracle, MySQL etc.
- Strong opinions backed by proven experience on how systems should be built
- Knowledge of Devops, Provisioning, etc
- Experience with data models, the JVM, and Data Layer concepts (ORMs, JDBC, Connection Handling)
- Able to diagnose, debug, and optimize application data layer issues
- Strong and clear communicator that can listen to their team as well as clearly articulate their ideas
- Strong attention to detail
- A desire to bring innovative solutions to the challenges of scaling the API and platform
- Agile software development experience
- Well versed in data stores, distributed systems, data modeling and their associated pitfalls.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you have..
- Experience with scripting languages such as Shell Script
- Experience with data streaming and caching.
- Experience with Linux production environments
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...800 W California Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94086, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth