Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager II, Advanced Analytics - Walmart Connect
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD504568
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
This role requires an exceptional individual who is intellectually curious, analytical, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and a self-starter to join our team as a Manager II, Advanced Analytics. This role is a highly visible individual contributor position central to the continued growth, efficiency and success of Walmart Connect team. The role will have broad exposure across Analytics, Sales and Marketing teams within Walmart Connect. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in statistics and data analytics with a deep understanding of retail/media industry.
Roles Specific Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Walmart Connect Sales and Marketing teams for the development execution and delivery of short and long-term customer insights needs to influence sales/marketing strategies and business development opportunities.
- Ensure delivery of assigned insights analyses with end-to-end ownership, clear communication, detailed project plans and operational processes that drive visibility & accountability with Sales, Marketing & Analytics stakeholders.
- Provide management level visibility through weekly updates on key initiatives and KPIs for the team.
- Support development of executive level presentations and perspectives.
- Drive strategic initiatives including identifying issues, creating hypotheses, executing the analysis and translating data into meaningful insights and actions.
- Develop and present concrete hypothesis-driven impactful deliverables clearly answering the so-what clearly for Walmart Connect advertisers.
- Identify gaps and opportunities for improving existing data sources and engage with broader Walmart teams to acquire and summarize these sources within the Walmart Connect environment.
- Support the Sales/Marketing teams in managing day-to-day operating activities and special projects.
- Facilitate the evangelization of the team’s charters, plans, and processes across the Sales & Marketing organization.
- Master's degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, operations research, marketing analytics or any related quantitative field AND 4+ years of experience in analytics, consulting, retail, media, and relevant Industry.
- Strong programming skills in R/Python and hands-on knowledge of SQL in Hive/Hadoop/Google Cloud Platform environments.
- Experience in developing and presenting strategic, action-oriented recommendations from complex analytics efficiently and engagingly to an executive audience.
- Self-starter looking to develop and apply analytical frameworks to help solve complex open-ended business questions with relevant data.
- A good balance of strong analytical skills and thought leadership.
- Thrives under pressure, balancing multiple workstreams and priorities.
- Team player who is a self-starter and can thrive in fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field and 2 years' experience in data analytics or related field OR 4 years'
experience in data analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysisMasters: Business Administration, Masters: Information Systems, Masters: Statistics
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, you have the support you need at any given moment no matter the circumstance."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth