Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager I, Construction
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Real Estate, Construction and Store Planning
- Job Function Real Estate, Construction and Store Planning
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD440106
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The Senior Manager, NEO Construction will oversee the new Walmart Home Office campus utilities, foundations, site work, and landscaping. This is a fast-paced multidiscipline position that will require clear communication to leadership and contractors to meet construction timelines and budgets.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Managing a variety of construction projects by creating and evaluating project schedules; coordinating efforts between internal and external business units.
- Managing a diverse portfolio of onsite construction projects by collaborating with facility management to establish scope and schedule of a project to minimize impact to operations; maintaining, communicating, and adjusting timelines and working with contractors to ensure project milestones are met; verifying material procurement and deliveries are synchronized with project schedules; visiting sites and monitoring contractor work and schedules to ensure construction quality is consistent with design specifications and timelines.
- Ensuring construction budgets are met by advising and reviewing pre-construction budgets; reviewing and tracking monthly and quarterly budget reports; working with contractors and estimating department to resolve claims; reviewing and approving contractor payments, change orders, and invoices; and managing project scope and contingency.
- Monitoring and enforcing compliance with laws and regulations for construction projects by establishing, communicating, and monitoring standards of performance for contractors and suspending noncompliant work.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide feedback and identify and implement design changes to comply with compliance obligations; maintaining certifications ; enforcing standards with regulations and company programs.
- Focusing on continued education to increase technical skills and individual development; utilizing available resources to help manage a project; acting independently when complexity of a project is increased; acting independently when the financial impact to a project is increased; establishing and communicating project risk levels and anticipating risk factors; training and directing general contractors for improved delivery of construction projects.
- Driving the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly.
- Ensuring business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have 7+ years of experience in commercial construction management, field and office positions.
- You have experience with procurement, installation methods and best practices, execution, industry standard procedures, field oversight and warranty experience with the following:
- Workplace safety, Large scale site development, Ground improvements, Deep utility piping systems, Shallow site utilities, Foundations, Flatwork, Sub-slab utilities, Surveying, Cut/fill and other sitework operations, Engineered earth retention systems, Landscape, Irrigation, Hardscape, and SWPPP.
- You have experience as both the General Contractor/Subcontractor and an Owner.
- You can effectively manage and drive construction progress in the field and the various associated tools and requirements such as daily reports, field observation reports, look ahead schedules, special inspections, permitting and City inspections.
- You have experience participating in the design process pre-Contractor award.
- You have experience in preconstruction coordination with multiple entities (GCs, Subcontractors, vendors, etc.).
- You have had success operating in highly dynamic multi-GC project environment where guiding policies may not exist.
- You have experience in construction contract administration and a thorough understanding of how processes and actions in the field directly relate to change order mitigation and management.
- A value mindset with the drive best value for Walmart in all aspects of your work.
- You have a deep familiarity with Procore, BIM, AutoCAD, Bluebeam and other similar software.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, or a related field and 3 years’ experience in construction management, construction administration, engineering, architecture, or a related area OR 5 years’ experience in construction management, construction administration, engineering, architecture, or a related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"Something I enjoy about my job is knowing I can contribute to Realty’s ability to build, open and maintain our stores efficiently."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth