Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Distinguished Technical Architect -Adtech/Big Data
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD414914
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Senior Distinguished Architect, Advertising and Marketing Technology
At Walmart our mission is to help people save money and live better. We are the Fortune #1 company with 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries. We touch more than 200 million customers every week. At Walmart Global Tech we build innovative technology to serve our customers online and in our stores. We solve most complex technical problems when it comes to scale, availability and user experience. We are innovating the next generation of omni-channel commerce. Do you want to influence how the next 50 years of retail will look like? Come join us.
Our Team (Advertising and Marketing Technology)
Our Advertising and Marketing Technology team is part of Walmart Global Tech. We are group of engineers and data scientists. We build technology to connect Walmart’s suppliers & sellers to the shoppers online and in-stores. We use cutting edge machine learning and optimization algorithms on billions of ad impressions and Walmart’s proprietary online and in-store data to facilitate customer’s shopping journey. We are building the next generation omni-advertising platforms to deliver performance and value at scale.
What you will do:
The Senior Distinguished Architect will be a key technology leader of our global team of 300+ engineers. The role entails the following responsibilities:
· Lead a team of Architects and Tech Leads to define, own and implement the architecture of our Advertising and Marketing technology platforms.
· Partner with Product and Sales leaders to help define the product roadmap.
· Lead the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with a high-level design and implement prototypes.
· Lead high level designs of significant components or systems. Help the engineering teams in implementation of the same.
· Proactively monitor, identify and resolve customer issues.
· Lead and participate in Ads Architecture Review Board.
· Mentor other Architects and Tech Leads in the team.
What you will bring:
· Domain expertise in Digital Search and Display Advertising and/or Search engine.
· Expert in architecting large scale distributed systems with HA (High Availability) and low latency.
· Expertise in multiple distributed technologies (e.g. Spark/Storm, Kafka, Key Value Stores, Caching, Solr, Druid, etc.)
· Experience in one or more public cloud technologies like GCP, Azure, etc.
· Deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
· Excellent debugging and problem-solving capability.
· Experience in working in large teams using CI/CD and agile methodologies.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Team player and excellent communicator.
· BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and 20+ years of industry experience.
Bonus if you bring:
· Previous Start up experience.
· Biased towards innovation.
· Customer empathy
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks -
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer -
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve to live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 7 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 9 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years' experience in software engineering
Primary Location...840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth