Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Software Engineer - Ecomm
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD374921
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
What you'll do at Walmart Labs...
We are looking for outstanding data engineers with skills in distributed computing system and experience working with very large scale of data, who will work closely with machine learning/data scientists in the team, and contribute to Advertising Technology in driving the future of ad targeting, personalization, relevance, ranking, and campaign optimization.
Join us if you want to be spending your time on:
- Building, maintaining and monitoring scalable data pipelines to support modeling and optimization products;
- Analyzing, identifying, and debugging data related issues to ensure quality and stability of models and applications;
- Working with machine learning/data scientists to build prototypes and perform experiments;
- Working with engineering team to productize new features and products;
- Performing ad hoc data related analysis.
- Masters or equivalent degree in a computational science or engineering with 4+ years of experience in machine learning/data engineer role;
- Familiarity with distributed computing frameworks (e.g., Hadoop/Spark) and relational data base (e.g., Oracle, MySQL), and knowledge of NoSQL database (Cassandra);
- Strong implementation experience with a programming language (e.g., Java/C++/Scala) and a scripting language (e.g., Python/Perl/Ruby), and familiarity with Linux/Unix/Shell environments;
- Strong hands-on skills in building scalable and reliable data pipelines for sourcing, cleaning and manipulating large volumes of data;
- Basic understanding of machine learning/statistics.
- Experience building/maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with Public clouds
- Experience building and maintaining large scale data pipelines in online advertising, recommender system, ecommerce or relevant areas;
- Experience building/maintaining machine learning models and pipelines;
- Experience building monitoring systems/dashboards for data pipelines.
- Familiarity with job scheduler (e.g., Jenkins/Azkaban/Airflow)
- Experience with Elastic Search/Solr.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science 2 years' experience in software engineering
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Building system requirements, Information Technology, Project Management, TroubleshootingInformation Technology - CISCO Certification - Certification
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth