Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
- Location CARLSBAD, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD317637
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
On the Membership Experience Engineering team at Walmart, we provide technology to power shopping journeys that help hundreds of millions of customers live better – be it busy families getting groceries easily, new parents welcoming a new baby, organizing a new home or anyone planning a fun party. We strive to create the best shopping experience anywhere anytime, meeting customers’ evolving needs and expectations.
Walmart+ is pioneering the way people experience online and in-store shopping. We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to help us design and improve customer membership experience and build scalable platforms. We are just getting started on membership experience and this is a very critical role to shape the face of Walmart+.
What You'll Do:
- Leads the discovery phase of large Mobile Engineering projects by collaborating with cross-functional teams to determine project strategy; interpreting strategy into sustainable mobile solutions; driving prototype development to ensure concept is feasible; and implementing prototypes to validate projects.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues for mobile devices by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; analyzing issues based on expert knowledge of mobile devices and programming; formulating and implementing an action plan; interpreting results to determine further action; and performing root cause analysis across multiple mobile devices to prevent future occurrence of issues.
- Leads project teams for Mobile Engineering projects by providing direction regarding project plan; identifying short- and long-term solutions and timelines; providing guidance regarding project issues or roadblocks; reviewing and approving proposed solutions; implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Develops innovative mobile technology solutions and strategies to support business objectives by collaborating with cross-functional business partners; developing assessments of key opportunities; benchmarking and analyzing industry best practices; forecasting for future technologies; driving high-priority initiatives; identifying and implementing solutions; communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization; influencing the industry to adopt sustainable solutions; and defining software development guidelines, standards, and processes.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost- effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of professional experience in various elements of full stack software development – web front end, back end, and hands-on coding experience in the past
- Experience with ecommerce or retail shopping
- Hands-on experience building scalable backend systems and platforms
- Understanding of the eCommerce technology domain
- BS/MS in information technology, computer science or a related engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience with React Native a plus
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth