Baker and Packager Associate
- Location OMAHA, NE
- Career Area Sam’s Club Jobs
- Job Function Food Services
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD231997
What you'll do at
Position Summary...Do you have a knack for helping people, following recipes and organization? Our Bakery/Packager associates prepare fresh baked items daily for our members through follow recipes and wrapping, labeling, and storing merchandise to ensure our members have the freshest items available to take home to their families. There are times when you will juggle several tasks in a short amount of time while helping members with their bakery orders. It’s hard work, but our bakery team finds it rewarding, especially since they’re a part of a large team with a common goal: happy, satisfied members.
You will sweep us off our feet if:
• You thrive in fast-paced environments
• You’re a multi-tasker at heart
• You keep member satisfaction as your top priority
• You can stand for long periods of time while assisting members quickly and accurately
• You’re a problem solver who tackles obstacles head-on to ensure each task is completed with excellence
You will make an impact by:
• Maintaining a positive attitude by smiling, greeting and thanking members
• Providing exceptional customer service to members across the club as needed, answering any questions they may have
• Maintaining a clean, neat, and member-ready area
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full job description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
What you'll do...
- Be a Team Member: Collaborates with other associates to build a strong bakery team; communicating with the members of the team; and being flexible to the needs of the business to work in other areas..
- Be an Expert: Prepares bakery department merchandise based on daily production needs by operating baking equipment; following recipes/make-up instructions; wrapping, labeling, and storing merchandise according to company policies and procedures; ensuring compliance with food safety standards, sanitation guidelines, cold chain compliance, and inventory management; operating, maintaining, and sanitizing equipment; and demonstrating understanding of product and layout execution..
- Be a Techie: Leverages digital tools to drive sales, improve the shopping experience, and elevate associate engagement; utilizing hand held technology to make immediate business decisions related to production, merchandise ordering, training, and product quality with the member in mind; adapting to new tools and encouraging others to use them.
- Be an Owner: Ensures commitment to operational excellence, maintaining work area according to company policies and procedures; ensuring quality and date control standards for bakery items; securing fragile and high-shrink merchandise; eliminating waste; assisting members with purchasing decisions; and ensuring merchandise is properly packaged, labeled, and stored in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Be a Talent Ambassador: Being an advocate for the department and the club by valuing the member's experience in meat area and modeling high quality service and products; executing the basics at highest possible level of quality; and exhibiting energy, commitment, and passion for the work.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Primary Location...13130 L ST, OMAHA, NE 68137-1866, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam’s Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave