On the Market Strategy team in Realty, we’re standardizing the way we use data to make consistent, strategic decisions. Building repeatable tools lays the foundation for innovation and research rather than an onslaught of one-offs and rote work. As a product-focused lead data scientist, you’ll be a champion of how we build and what we build for the future, both building the infrastructure yourself and pushing the team to do the same.
In addition to understanding the underlying algorithms and being able to code them up, our ideal candidate has a natural bent towards establishing, teaching, and enforcing best practices. The tools our team builds will be part and parcel of business strategy decisions related to Walmart’s network of assets across the US, both now and in years to come. From simple feature transformations to estimating a complex yet parsimonious model of customer behavior, you’ll navigate the path between getting the math right, having something that is production-ready, and setting the stage for the future.
You will make an impression if:
• You enjoy and are advanced in statistical analytical approaches (e.g. regression, clustering, predictive analysis)
• You have an affinity for coding (e.g. R, Python, Arc GIS, Alteryx, Java)
• You’ve worked with large-scale database systems (e.g. Hive, Teradata, DB2)
• You’ve used large-scale customer- or retail-relevant data to find insights (e.g. Nielsen, Census, NCR, Experian)
• You enjoy visualizing data in new and exciting ways using Tableau, Excel, PowerBI or other data visualization tools
• You have an advanced degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering or related STEM field
• You are an innately curious, critical thinker who sees both the big picture and the details
You will make an impact by:
• Leading, influencing and delivering clear and concise messages to business partners
• Executing well thought out project plans and strategies
• Designing the most cost-effective sequence of investments to an asset that will drive sales and ensure future financial health
• Incorporating cutting edge technology that simplifies processes and improves financial health of an asset
A graduate degree in a quantitative field, and 3+ years of experience building statistical or algorithmic tools as software in production environments.
Fifty years ago, Sam Walton open a single shop and transformed it into the world’s biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: our commitment to helping our customers same money so they can live better. Today, we are reinventing the shopping experience and out associates are at the heart of it. When you join the Walmart family, you will play a crucial role in the shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world.
This is the place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and build a career you can be proud of.
Minimum Qualifications...Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 6 years' data science experience OR Master of Science and 4 years' data science experience OR PhD.
Preferred Qualifications...Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.