Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager, Facility Design
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Real Estate, Construction and Realty Execution
- Job Function Facility Design
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1715310
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The Design Manager is a critical role in supporting the operations of design execution, providing up to date sales floor and department space data for the U.S. store fleet as well as supporting the design and processes of the remodel and special project programs. In this role, the Design Manager’s responsibilities include quality audits of store designs, communication with business partners to establish best practices, leading the execution and delivery of special projects, as well as overseeing major milestones, scheduling, and design processes. The design manager also plays a key role in supporting associate development and building relationships across the various business units that we serve.
What you’ll do…
- Deliver total building design projects by reviewing business plans to ensure design intent execution; process building designs from architect of record into design projects; distribute design activities and elements to design teams; manage design change requests and reviewing financial impact of design changes with key stakeholders; communicate design changes to design teams; ensure the delivery of project milestones; and secure design and business leadership review and approval.
- Conduct quality assurance audits of total building designs by identifying design errors and determining root cause; report business-critical issues; review space allocation designs with leadership as necessary; identify improvement for future designs; make design adjustments and reallocating space if necessary; and provide updated designs to architect of record.
- Consult and provide design recommendations to leadership and key stakeholders by contributing in design planning activities (for examples, total building design direction, space allocation); schedule and conduct design reviews; ensure business plans are released to downstream stakeholders on time; manage the relationships with the architect of record regarding shell designs and change requests; report project status; and collaborate with project management teams regarding workload alignment or resource issues.
- Develop and lead multiple cross-functional projects by anticipating and understanding current process and value gaps, manage expectations of program and project leadership; and adjust approaches in response to changing business demands.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; support and align efforts to meet customer and business needs; and build commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provide and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identify business needs; determine and carry out necessary processes and practices; monitor progress and results; recognize and capitalize on improvement opportunities; and adapt to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Model compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You actively seek resolutions and drive root causes to issues
- You strive for continuous improvement and seek efficient ways of working
- You have a keen eye for accuracy and possess strong attention to details
- You are a team player and can work cross-functionally with clear and concise communication
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, Business, or related field and 2 years' experience in retail management, project management, architecture, CAD design, or related field OR 4 years' experience in retail management, project management, architecture, CAD design, or related field. 2 years’ experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Project Management, Retail Industry, Space Planning
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"Something I enjoy about my job is knowing I can contribute to Realty’s ability to build, open and maintain our stores efficiently."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth