Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager, Workforce Planning
- Location DRAPER, UT
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function Organizational Development & Workforce Strategy
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1711668
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The Walmart Marketplace is a curated community of respected, professional sellers who offer only top-quality, authentic products and best-in-class customer service. Our seller support team is transforming from a reactive customer-service model to a proactive B2B relationship building and support model for our sellers.
You will be responsible for overseeing contact volume forecasting and capacity planning execution, for our outreach and incoming contacts, by collaborating with our 3rd party vendor team of forecasting/planning analysts, to ensure our Marketplace sellers receive adequate attention on outreach attempts, and prompt assistance on incoming support inquiries. You will work closely with the business and other cross-functional teams to assess shifting trends, upcoming initiative impacts, and develop strategies to optimize forecasting and headcount planning in our B2B seller support model. You will manage the E2E business and operations teams’ seller support planning and headcount levels, from the initial transformation from B2C to B2B and then ongoing for maintaining balanced headcounts throughout the year – ensuring our sellers, new and tenured, are fully supported for immediate success by our seller support team.
If you are “seller obsessed” and eager create a successful transformation planning model and execution which enables new business opportunities that drive sustainable revenue growth, this role is for you!
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you:
- You’re numbers obsessed and relationship driven.
- You have a track record of developing and executing high accuracy planning models.
- You have experience in forecasting and headcount planning for B2B support teams.
- You’re a visionary always looking for ways to evolve and improve existing methods.
- You thrive in constantly evolving, fast-paced, dynamic environments.
- You’re results oriented with a proven track record of leadership and taking ownership that produces exceptional results.
- You build trust quickly and can lead by influence with the ability to translate between cross-functional and operational audiences.
- You believe in and prioritize the collective success of the team and are quick to jump in, help, mentor, and coach your fellow team members.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees forecasting and capacity planning activities and assignments across multiple lines of business by developing and maintaining relationships with cross-functional stakeholders, operations, and 3rd party vendor teams; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer (seller) and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for 3rd party WFM associates by training and directives; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Manages workforce volume and headcount planning responsibilities by establishing priorities and goals; developing action plans; obtaining and allocating resources; monitoring progress toward project milestones; organizing, facilitating, and directing cross-functional meetings to share information, evaluate progress, and implement changes; developing, implementing, and analyzing metrics to measure project success; summarizing and evaluating project results; and communicating project status with key cross-functional stakeholders and direct leadership team.
- Drives the continuous improvement of workforce planning models and processes by developing methodologies to report accuracy and performance; reporting key trends and risks; analyzing new and historical data to determine root cause of issues; recommending and presenting remedies and solutions regarding planning issues and risks; and working with senior management to finalize and implement solutions.
- Supports project execution by ensuring compliance with project procedures and guidelines; advising on, executing, and documenting organizational practices and company, legal, and regulatory policies and procedures; and evaluating and responding to issues and concerns regarding analytics practices and procedures.
- Develops and evaluates business tools and core statistical models by understanding complex business needs and scope of work; designing tools, statistical models, and reporting infrastructure; building or providing guidance on building data infrastructure, databases, and tools; determining the business impact of data infrastructure, databases, and tools; testing and evaluating pilot solutions before implementation; verifying results; and interpreting data and results into actionable initiatives for business partners.
- Provides data based insights in support of strategic initiatives by assisting with the design of statistical or heuristic models for applications involving multiple statistical techniques and stakeholders; coordinating the development of complete datasets necessary to support project-level models; coordinating with internal and external customers to build a consistent and accurate strategy for using functional area metrics; partnering on statistical or segmentation models to advance the approach; assisting with analyses utilizing advanced software and techniques; and evaluating and interpreting results and presenting in different formats and different forums.
Core capabilities for our associates include:
Live our Values
Culture Champion: Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
Servant Leadership: Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage: Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change: Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
Customer Focus: Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
Strategic Thinking: Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence: Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .The annual salary range for this position is $80,000.00-$155,000.00Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
Talent Management: Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field and 2 years’ experience in data management, business analytics, statistics, or related area OR 4 years’ experience in data analysis, statistics, computer science, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master's degree in in Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, Project Management Certification, Six Sigma certification
Primary Location...12884 S FRONTRUNNER BLVD, DRAPER, UT 84020-5486, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth