Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager, Controllership
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function Controllership
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1709173
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Make an impact at an unbelievable scale! We are uniquely positioned to thrive in a convergent digital and physical world.
Are you driven by leading large scale internal controls initiatives for a Governance, Risk, and Compliance function?
As Senior Manager, Controllership – Global Internal Controls you will be a key team member of the Global Internal Controls team in the facilitation of transformation projects working with process owners and auditors to maintain an effective and efficient internal control environment.
The successful candidate will leverage excellent leadership and collaboration skills while demonstrating detailed financial and operational risks and controls as well as financial statement audit principles. This individual will lead internal controls implementation, process improvement and innovation for a global company.
Position is in Bentonville, Arkansas. We do offer a comprehensive relocation package.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You’re an initiative-taking and professionally curious individual.
- You have a great eye for detail and can articulate complex matters to leadership.
- You’re organized, disciplined, and can manage competing priorities simultaneously.
- You’re an expert at making complex subjects easily understood through visuals.
- You have ambitious standards and believe in accountability.
- You’re stimulated by challenges and tough problems.
- You have an accounting, technology, and process improvement background.
- A risk and controls mindset.
- You understand accounting and auditing principles as well as modern technology-oriented concepts such as Agile, Cloud, etc.
- Willingness to learn something new every day.
- You have SOX and Business Process Controls leadership experience.
- You have accounting or internal audit experience for a global public company.
- You have 5+ years auditing experience in Big 4, regional public accounting firm or Fortune 500.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Collaborating with key stakeholders across the largest initiatives in the company to proactively implement internal controls.
- Managing the design and/or implementation of business process and application controls within systems currently under development by addressing requirements, facilitating test plans and transition to the business process owner.
- Designing and implementing process controls including manual process controls, automation and configurable controls, interfaces, and segregation of duties.
- Understanding system develop life cycles and how to integrate controls development into ongoing projects.
- Partnering and building relationships with business and IT leaders across the company for seamless execution and goal alignment.
- Developing and executing projects plans and business requirements that align with the teams' strategic road map by collaborating with corporate, business, and technology partners to ensure cross-functional integration; providing recommendations on internal and external team resource needs for all projects and support functions; and assessing and communicating changes to project priorities.
- Managing multiple concurrent projects and functional support activities globally by coordinating associates and consultants to efficiently develop and deliver recommended solutions; ensuring project governance is enacted (for example, project methodology); aligning multiple project requirements; finding solutions to project issues; identifying and communicating adjustments to project milestones and transitions between project phases; identifying changes to project scope within established governance standards; escalating changes to supervisors; and reviewing system changes.
- Ensuring reporting compliance by reviewing to ensure consistent application of policies, rules, and regulations, reviewing, evaluating, and interpreting internal financial statements and supporting documentation for compliance with accounting and reporting regulations and ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Ensuring business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- Protecting the company and reducing the cost of compliance.
- Driving continuous improvement in the SOX compliance program.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 4 years’ experience in finance, accounting, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in finance, accounting, or related area. 1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Working on cross-functional teams or projectsMasters: Business AdministrationFinancial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth