Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Director, Technology Operations
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Technology Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1674645
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Director, Technology Operations (Portfolio Planning & Strategy)
About the Omni Fulfillment Experience Team
Customers shop whenever and wherever they want, choosing from a wide range of Pickup and Delivery options. To make these options happen, we have many teams across the business focused on ensuring customers have access to the right merchandise at the right time, while delivering an experience that makes them want to continue shopping with Walmart.
In this leadership role, you will be an essential part of the Omni Fulfillment Experience business team, leading and delivering on post transaction fulfilment propositions that drive customer retention, revenue growth and profit for the eCommerce business. You will be part of a team that is responsible for delivering a perfect order experience and customer satisfaction goals for the business. You will collaborate and develop deep partnerships with multiple stakeholders across the business such as Product, Supply Chain, Store Operations, Customer Care, Finance, and others to identify opportunities, solve problems and developing new propositions that drive value for our customers. This is a very high visibility role where we operate in a very dynamic and agile environment. You need to be very comfortable in working through ambiguity, define direction for your team, and be ready to roll up your sleeves to execute.
About the Role
In this role, you will serve as the Portfolio Planning and Strategy lead for the overall eCommerce Post-Transaction space and Chief of Staff for the Omni Fulfillment Experience team. You will develop the annual operating plan and long-range planning for the portfolio, including goals development, priorities identification, impact measurement, and progress updates back to Walmart’s executive team. You will also manage quarterly roadmap planning within Omni Fulfillment Experience team and across all teams in Supply Chain and eCommerce that impact the eCommerce Post-Transaction space. You will also serve as an advocate for the customer experience and defect elimination: you will own roadmaps and collaborate with Product and Technology teams to deliver best-in-class solutions for a frictionless and consistent experience; you will tie it all together by diving into analytics to measure performance and apply insights back into the business and products.
What You’ll Do
- Defining long-term vision and strategy for customer experience around omni-fulfilment experiences. You will build and influence customer experience elements in post-transaction world that will drive clarity and control for omni-channel customers.
- Communicating roadmaps and priorities and collaborating across business areas for roadmap prioritization including, engaging with key partners to determine the best product and business strategies, and gaining buy-in from executive-level leadership
- Providing thought leadership on internal and external best practices and standards to drive decision making. Conducting benchmark studies and competitive assessments. Working cross-functionally with partner teams across multiple locations so communication, collaboration, and organization are key to your success.
- Leading and delivering on key cross-functional projects that span across multiple teams within the organization. Collaborating daily with cross-functional team members including SCM, Design, Product, Store Operations and more. Working with product to build prototypes to communicate design ideas to users and internal stakeholders. Conducting research, user testing and validation that will ensure that the experiences/propositions we build are designed to prioritize our customers and associates. Defining metrics and KPIs that will help us measure and track business goals
- Driving execution of multiple propositions and initiatives by identifying customer and operational needs and developing and communicating plans and priorities. Removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources and identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance; accordingly, developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Ensuring business & cross-functional partner needs are met by evaluating ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with product, engineering, and design partners, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving overall omni-channel communication experience
- Providing supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promoting and supporting company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by way of training and providing direction to others in their use and application and ensuring compliance and utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy
- 10+ years business management/consulting/business ops/ products ops/ Finance and strategy experience in a leading consumer-facing company
- Proven track record of successfully implementing new concepts or programs in a fast paced, digital retail environment
- Experience in directly building, managing, and developing a diverse team of talented individual contributors
- Experience improving the digital retail shopping experience by recommending insight driven (data, trends, internal and external research) journey changes and omni-channel capabilities
- Experience building cross-functional strategies and deploying mobile and web experiences in an omnichannel capacity
- Strong technical acumen and ability to dive into the technical details. Insights into modern interactive design and development standards; recognize and appreciate the differences between web-based and native app experiences.
- Skilled at leading and influencing a cross-functional matrixed team to successfully deliver against multi-track roadmaps
- Possess strong decision making and prioritization skills; have experience overseeing and managing complex release schedules
- Ability to think end-to-end, and champion the digital experience but also understand entire Walmart customer journey including Physical Stores
- Strong leadership and excellent executive communication skills
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
About Walmart Ecommerce
We are Walmart eCommerce - the team shaping the future of online shopping by defining the global online marketplace that influences millions of shoppers daily. We bring a passion and expertise that is unmatched, and our efforts have an epic impact on the world around us, both inside and outside of work. With colleagues across the nation, we strive to create a sense of belonging and embrace diversity in all forms, with no shortage of guidance and support for you as you grow and develop your career here. Discover the impact you can make at careers.walmart.com.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .The annual salary range for this position is $152,000.00-$228,000.00Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, industrial engineering, engineering management, business,information systems, project/program management, information technology, finance, management, or related area and 6 years’ experience inproject management, program management, program operations, or related area.Option 2: 8 years’ experience in project management, program management, program operations, or related area.
3 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in computer science, management information systems, industrial engineering, engineering management, business, information systems, project/program management, information technology, finance, management, or related area and 5 years' experience in project management, program management, program operations, or related area.
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth