Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Staff Software Engineer - Data Pipeline
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1627924
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
You will be working alongside a team of ML Engineers building Conversational Products for Walmart Associates and Customers. Your next team works extensively on NLP, NLU, intent and context recognition.
Building the right technology foundation for Infrastructure & platforms is vital to success at the scale of Walmart. Our team builds and maintains the foundational technologies that support the tech organization. Included in this are data platforms, enterprise architecture, DevOps, cloud computing, and infrastructure. All of these products and services are supported by scalable and powerful infrastructure, ensuring a secure and seamless employee and customer experience across stores, digital channels, and distribution centers.
What you'll do:
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with a multidisciplinary team.
- Work with Solution Architects, Technical Architects, Sr. Engineers to build AI/ML model and model systems.
- Work with machine learning engineers to deploy, operate, and optimize scalable solutions.
- Work with product managers to design user journeys and feedback loop.
- Create opportunities to develop yourself with an end-to-end AI/ML product experience.
- Identify right open source tools to deliver product features by performing research, POC/Pilot and/or interacting with various open source forums
- Deploy and monitor products on Cloud platforms.
- Develop and implement best-in-class monitoring processes to enable data applications meet SLAs.
- Guide the team technically for end to end solution lifecycle.
What you'll bring:
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Data Engineering, complex data pipeline development
- Architectural Design, develop, implement and tune distributed data processing pipelines that process large volume of data; focusing on scalability, low -latency, and fault-tolerance in every system built.
- Exposure to Data Governance (Data Quality, Metadata Management, Security, etc.)
- Knowledge of Databricks, Snowflake is an added advantage.
- Experience with ThoughtSpot, Druid, Big Query and ClickHouse is added advantage.
- Hands on knowledge in NoSQL like Cosmos DB along with RDBMS like MySQL, Postgres is plus.
- Hands on working experience in any messaging platform like Kafka is preferred.
- Increase the efficiency of the team by setting right Processes of Software Development, Requirement Intake, Effort Estimation
- Demonstrating creative, critical thinking & troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrates expertise in writing complex, highly-optimized queries across large data sets
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 6 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related area and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related area
Primary Location...805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth