As the Project Manager II – Training and Adoption, you will be leading the development of training documentation, user adoption, and facilitation for current and next generation item management systems and processes that will enhance the item setup experience for merchants and suppliers.
Develops and maintains relationships with project sponsors and stakeholders by educating sponsors and stakeholders on product and program requirements and documentation; collaborating with stakeholders to assess costs and establish the return on investment; securing management approval for resource allocations; creating a communication plan which determines communication level, frequency, detail and distribution of status updates; and minimizing the impact of changes.
Manages initiatives and projects at the project level by developing and communicating project plans and schedules to teams and stakeholders to support established objectives; and communicating and adhering to project management standards and practices.
Manages multiple medium-scale projects or multiple work streams by collaborating with stakeholders to efficiently develop and deliver recommended solutions; following project methodology; aligning multiple project requirements; finding solutions to project issues; ensuring tasks are executed as defined in the schedule in order to achieve project goals; monitoring budgets and costs for projects; identifying and communicating status and adjustments to project milestones and transitions between project phases; identifying changes and escalating them to supervisors; and executing system changes.
Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Here are some things you’ll do every day:
• Facilitate classes (both internal and external) on the item setup process and systems
• Manage communication and adoption of current and next generation item file systems and processes
• Represent merchant and supplier perspectives to make recommendations for improving process efficiency and optimization to increase quality of business results for work stream
• Develop training plans, training documentation, and other knowledge resources relating to current and next generation item file systems
• Collaborate with retailers and suppliers to drive industry standardization to meet Walmart goals and objectives
• Promote continued understanding of item file processes and drive system implementation and adoption throughout business areas for both digital and physical platforms
• Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships with merchants, suppliers, and technology development partners to identify and implement systemic solutions for business needs
• Lead and participate in cross-functional projects that align to the overall item setup strategy
• Adapt to a dynamic environment of competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities
• Lead cross functional team on user adoption strategy implementation
• Communicate and support standard business practices within Walmart, Inc.
• Facilitate the discovery of strategic solutions to solve complex item file issues
• Utilize collaboration tools to track and report system opportunities, research and tracking
Minimum Qualifications...Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, or related field and 2 years’ experience in project management, business, operations, or related area OR 4 years’ experience in project management, business, operations, or related area.
1 year’s experience working in cross-functional teams.
Preferred Qualifications...Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data analytics and project management systems, Supervisory experience
Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma Green Belt - Certification