Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Merchandise and Stocking Associate
- Location TOPEKA, KS
- Career Area Customer Service and Call Center
- Job Function Customer Service and Call Center
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD131432
What you'll do at
Position Summary...Do you like to work on your feet and keep things neat and organized? Our merchandising & stocking associates connect all of the dots to make sure members can find everything they have on their shopping list. From every day needs to special occasions, members need you, as their mini tour guide, to take them that special product. Depending on the shift you work, your job could include moving inventory in the backroom, unloading trucks, fulfilling club pick-up orders or helping members while stocking shelves. From unloading trucks in the summer to filling ice cream in the freezer, this fast-paced job can be physically demanding - it’s like being paid to go to the gym! Be a part of a great team with a common goal – making sure members can find more of what they love, for less.
You will sweep us off our feet if:
• You thrive in fast-paced environments
• You keep member satisfaction as your top priority
• You’re comfortable with change and quickly adapt to different work scenarios
• You’re a problem solver who tackles obstacles head-on to ensure each task is completed with excellence
• You are able to pick up boxes and other heavy objects weighing more than 25 pounds
You will make an impact by:
• Promptly unloading trucks
• Assisting fellow associates as needed throughout the store
• Sorting and stocking products on shelves and in the backroom
• Engaging with vendors and drivers with a positive attitude
• Maintaining a clean, neat, and member-ready area
The merchandising & stocking associate role is a great way to start a fulfilling career at Sam’s Club. Apply now!
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full job description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
What you'll do...
Maintains safety of facility according to company policies and procedures by conducting safety sweeps; following forklift spotting procedures; following procedures for handling and disposing of hazardous materials; following company steel standard guidelines; and correcting and reporting unsafe situations to management.
Maintains the sales floor and merchandise presentation in accordance with company policies and procedures by properly zoning the area; stocking, arranging and organizing merchandise; setting up, cleaning, and organizing product displays; removing damaged goods; signing and pricing merchandise according to company policies and procedures; identifying shrink and damages; and securing fragile and high-shrink merchandise.
Monitors food and merchandise quality by ensuring product rotation, code dating, product recalls, and sanitation standards are followed according to company policies and procedures; and ensuring prominent display of promotional and seasonal merchandise.
Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
Ensures club pick up orders are filled by assisting with picking club pick up orders throughout the day and staging; and ensuring products are selected and staged according to company policy and procedures.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...1401 SW WANAMAKER RD, TOPEKA, KS 66604-3869, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam’s Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth