Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Data Science
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Data Science and Analytics
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1302535
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart Connect is key to Walmart’s growth strategy. Walmart has built a $2.1 BILLION closed loop, in-house advertising business that is a robust, true omnichannel, media services division with WMC. We partner closely with brands on strategies and solutions that harness Walmart’s unparalleled omnichannel influence. We deliver relevant retail ads and experiences that connect our customers with the brands and products they love. And we use Walmart’s proprietary online and in-store data, encompassing 95% of American households, to measure campaign-correlated sales on our site and in our stores.
Walmart Connect is seeking an experienced data science leader to enable deep insights and capabilities to our clients through advanced analytics and machine learning techniques (e.g. predictive modeling, optimization, segmentation)
Location: Chicago, IL; San Bruno, CA; Hoboken, NJ
not remote. must be able to work onsite when needed/ as needed.
- Manage a team to delivery MMM solution to advertisers
- Manage and perform hands-on modeling and complex analyses using Python, SQL and/or R
- Build and enhance marketing and media mix models to connect the impact of marketing tactics and business short-term and long-term outcomes
- Run optimization and simulation scenarios to help provide the marketing investment and allocation recommendations Marketing leadership and CMO
- Present media insights and recommendations to different levels of senior clients
- Explain complex modeling approaches in simple terms and develop compelling narratives that connect modeling results with business problems
- Partner with cross-functional team to streamline data science solutions
- Integrate disparate data sources and leverage state-of-the-art analytics best practices in order to deliver integrated actionable insights to partners and senior leadership around digital marketing optimization
- Participate in goal setting, performance review, and performance management for team members.
- Participate in hiring and capacity management tasks.
- Continuously engage with senior leadership and stakeholders to ensure alignment and manage interdependencies.
- Masters Degree: Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, or related field
- Proficient coding skills (SQL/Python/R) and database knowledge
- Experience with A/B and Multivariate test design and implementation
- Experienced in building market mix and multi-touch attribution models
- Experience with advertising, measurement, and/or digital marketing analytics
- Experience with advertising technology platforms Ad servers, DSPs, DMPs, etc
- 8+ years post academic professional experience in data science, measurement, marketing strategy & analytics
- 8+ years leading Data Science teams in a direct manager capacity
Manager's Preferred Qualifications
- PhD degree in Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, or related field
- Strong communication skills to ‘tell a story’ that provides insight into the business
- Extensive experience with predictive modeling algorithms
- Strong project management skills, including managing technical resources and multiple priorities & milestones.
- You have a passion for working in a fast-paced agile environment.
- A collaborative mindset and sense of curiosity
- Advanced programming skills with experience of creating Python modules
About Walmart Connect
At Walmart, we’ve led retail for over 60 years by keeping our customers’ needs at the center of everything we do. Our latest innovations leverage our online reach and massive network of physical stores to save 160 million weekly omnichannel customers time and money in ways no other retailer can match.
Walmart Connect is building a robust in-house advertising business that’s key to Walmart’s growth strategy. Walmart isn’t simply the world’s most successful retailer — we’re the world’s largest company. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a high-visibility team backed by the most talented retail colleagues in the world and over six decades of success. Join us.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 5 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 3 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3: 7 years' experience in an analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Supervisory experience, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
Primary Location...221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth