Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Meat Cutter and Wrapper
- Location SALT LAKE CITY, UT
- Career Area Sam’s Club Jobs
- Job Function Food Services
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD129720
What you'll do at
Position Summary...Why do people love shopping for fresh food at Sam’s Club? Our members tell us one of the biggest reasons is our hard-working and happy-to-help fresh food associates. Join our meat team and you won’t just cut meat, you’ll make important decisions about the quality, packaging, and display of our meat items for our members to eat and feed to their families. Your attention to detail and steady hand all work together to sell a quality product to our members. Work in our meat department and you’ll be on the front-lines of customer service—your smile can make the difference between a good shopping experience and a great one. Be a part of a team that offers customers more of what they love, for less.
You will sweep us off our feet if:
• You thrive in fast-paced environments
• You’re a multi-tasker at heart
• You keep member satisfaction as your top priority
• You can stand for long periods of time while assisting members quickly and accurately
• You’re a problem solver who tackles obstacles head-on to ensure each task is completed with excellence
You will make an impact by:
• Maintaining a positive attitude by smiling, greeting and thanking members
• Providing exceptional customer service to members across the club as needed, answering any questions they may have
• Maintaining a clean, neat, and member-ready area
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full job description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
What you'll do...
- Be a Team Member: Collaborates with other associates to build a strong meat team; communicating with the members of the team; and being flexible to the needs of the business to work in other areas.
- Be an Expert: Demonstrates knowledge of business on the floor, backroom operations, product safety standards, sanitation guidelines, inventory management, and the operation, maintenance, and sanitization of equipment; preparing (for example, cutting, grinding, wrapping, trimming) meat products according to established standards; cutting boneless meat products; and maintaining product quality standards.
- Be a Techie: Leverages digital tools to drive sales, improve the shopping experience, and elevate associate engagement; utilizing hand held technology to make immediate business decisions related to production, training, and product quality with the member in mind; adapting to new tools and encouraging others to use them.
- Be an Owner: Ensures commitment to operational excellence, maintaining work area according to company policies and procedures; ensuring quality and date control standards for meat products; securing fragile and high-shrink merchandise; eliminating waste; assisting members with purchasing decisions; and ensuring merchandise is properly packaged, labeled, and stored in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Be a Talent Ambassador: Being an advocate for the department and the club by valuing the member's experience in meat area and modeling high quality service and products; executing the basics at highest possible level of quality; and exhibiting energy, commitment, and passion for the work.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying requires me to successfully complete all job required trainings and assessments within a prescribed time period if I receive the position.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...1905 SOUTH 300 WEST, SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84115-1806, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam’s Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth