Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
2023 Summer Intern: Sales BI, Walmart Connect (Undergrad Walmart Intern)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Intern/Co-Op/Grad (Trainee)
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1295827
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About Walmart Connect (WMC)
Want to change the face of digital advertising? Want to re-imagine how the world's largest omni-channel consumer database can be used to power targeted ad campaigns for the largest brands in the world? We are rethinking digital advertising here at Walmart and are looking for some great people to help make this happen.
At Walmart Connect, we connect brands more meaningfully in customers’ everyday lives to accelerate shared growth. As stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us each week. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. In addition to our leading platform which enables point-of-purchase advertising opportunities, we utilize the world’s largest retail database to build media efficiencies and drive aligned business goals with best-in-class targeting and reporting. Growth for our advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Connect is looking for a Sales Business Intelligence Intern who can support special projects and analysis.
The ideal candidate will be....
• Self-motivated and detail oriented, and thrive working within a complex process environment that is not fully mature while being able to positively manage situations of a dynamic nature
• Able to data manage including auditing and resolving data integrity issues
• Support reporting of analytics on performance, among other things, to provide clear insights
• Exceptional follow through, and be administratively strong in process/workforce management
• Focused on continuous improvement, identify opportunities for process optimization, process redesign, or development of new process; and provide recommendations and solutions to business challenges
• Able to navigate the data sources and understand the data
• Be a great team player and collaborator
• Knowledge of advertising, media, adtech and marketing
• Finance/Information Systems background
• Previous internship experience in sales, business operations, or finance
• Highly proficient in Excel
• Experience in gathering data and creating meaningful dashboards
• Experience in the languages of data manipulation (e.g., SQL, R) and in visualization (Tableau, Datorama).
• Can operate in complex environments
• Has strong communication/interpersonal skills and is able to build relationships and influence cross-functionally
• Ability to take ownership and solve problems
Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program currently
Expected graduation date between December 2023-August 2024
0-1 years of full-time relevant experience
IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS ROLE
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth