Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Counsel III - Value-Based Care Technology & Data, Digital Citizenship
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Legal
- Job Function Legal
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1229137
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart Inc. is hiring for a Counsel III – Value-Based Care Technology & Data, Digital Citizenship role that will provide legal support and advice on behalf of Walmart Digital Citizenship in areas impacting Walmart’s pharmacy, optical, health clinics, insurance services, healthcare compliance and information security areas.
In this role, you will have responsibility for advising on legal issues surrounding the use of healthcare technology and highly sensitive data in emerging value-based care initiatives and programs. You will interpret legislative and regulatory requirements and provide related legal advice and counsel to Walmart Inc. business and compliance personnel. Finally, you will advise Walmart Inc. on the development of new products, services and vendor relationships that support the growth of Walmart’s value-based care services offerings.
You will make an impact by:
- Delivering an informed understanding of the complex legal obligations, risks and opportunities related to the delivery of value-based care initiatives
- Reviewing and advising on the development and launch of advanced technology delivery platforms that promote the delivery of value-based care programs to patients
- Assist in the negotiation of complex technology and data processing agreements designed to support the responsible and ethical use of data in the delivery of value-based care programs
- Engaging, directing, and supervising outside counsel
- Collaborating with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders of various disciplines
- Developing and fostering relationships as business partners within a large, complex and rapidly changing business organization
- Quickly and accurately understanding the business goals and objectives of the Walmart healthcare enterprise, its relevant subdivisions, and core healthcare provider groups
You will sweep us off our feet if:
- You have subject matter expertise with legal matters relating to healthcare law and, specifically, experience advising on the responsible use of healthcare data within a larger interdisciplinary healthcare entity
- You have experience with advising on the technical implementation of Medicare Advantage and value-based care arrangements
- You have experience advising clients on compliance with HIPAA, CMS requirements surrounding Medicare Part B plans, GLBA, CAN-SPAM, TCPA, CCPA, telehealth and state insurance administration and marketing laws
- You are an effective communicator with the ability to drive consensus
- You are organized, disciplined, and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have high standards, are a strategic thinker, and practice diligent time management
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks: Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are Join: Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Law degree from an accredited law school and 4 years’ experience in law.
License to practice law in at least one state.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Leading cross-functional teams
Primary Location...9440 TBA, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716-0001, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth