Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) 2023 Summer Intern: Software Engineer II
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Intern/Co-Op/Grad (Trainee)
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1115596
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Day in the Life of Walmart & Sam’s Club Tech:
If you’re thinking ‘scale’, think bigger and don’t stop there. Within Tech at Walmart and Sam’s Club, we don’t just innovate, we enable transformations across stores/clubs and different channels for the Walmart and Sam’s Club experience. We innovate to deliver a simple and seamless experience for our customers and members. Our tech talent solves the biggest and most complex problems. We drive digital transformation where data and analytics are enabling us to better serve our customers and create a digital relationship with them. As our customers/members evolve and adapt, we are taking it a few notches further here. We’re changing what customers and members can expect from the experience of shopping, from the physical stores/clubs, to mobile, social and even online; we’re not just ready for the future of shopping, we’re creating it.
About Our Program:
Each summer, we select the best and brightest to look under the hood of the world’s largest retailer at our Walmart Home Offices across multiple locations. During the 11-week program, our interns work directly with teams who are changing the way the world shops. This is the beginning of what could be an exciting career with Walmart!
The intern experience includes:
- An impactful individual project designed to align to your skillsets and interests
- Direct access to leadership across the enterprise
- Executive-led speaker sessions with insightful Q&A
- Community outreach events
- Networking and social events
- Learning & development opportunities targeting both hard and soft skills
- Deep dives into different areas of our business
- Time management and leadership development as a full-time associate
- An in-depth look at our Culture, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (CDEI) practices
- Compensation and housing assistance provided
We're looking for Backend, Front end, and Full Stack Software Engineers to join Walmart Global Tech!
As a Software Engineer, you’ll use your software design, analysis and programming skills to create innovative tools and system enhancements to drive change for our customers and members. You will research, conceive, and develop software applications to extend and improve Walmart & Sam’s Club technology used by our 2.1 million associates to help our customers save money and live better.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Interact with application teams, architects, and PMs to design and implement new functionality
- Design, write, and review code that impacts millions of customers/members in a collaborative environment among cross functional teams
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including the discovery phase to develop and implement long term solutions and impact the end user
- Work in an agile/scrum environment to deliver high quality software to our customers and members
- Design new tools to monitor smart alerts, that help discover technical problems in a timely manner while working cross functionally with other engineers to troubleshoot and resolve
- Augment existing instrumentation to build a cohesive picture that incorporates the characteristics of our systems with special attention to points of failure
Office Environment: Corporate
U.S. Tech Hub Locations: Bentonville, AR | Sunnyvale, CA | Dallas, TX | Atlanta, GA | Hoboken, NJ | Reston, VA | Seattle, WA
*Location availability is based on job profile and business needs.
Desired Majors: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Software Development or other relevant majors
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program currently
Expected graduation date between December 2023-August 2024
0-1 years of full-time relevant experience (excludes internship and research-based roles)
IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS ROLE
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth