Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Director, Managed Care, Specialty Payer Programs
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Walmart Health
- Job Function Clinic
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1092121
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Develops strategic planning initiatives and oversees the development of specialty pharmacy payer programs for Walmart Health and Wellness by developing strategies to gain buy in and increase collaboration among internal and external stakeholders.
Builds governance and oversight processes for specialty payer initiatives.
Provides direction and oversight in the development of specialty payer programs.
Supports the development of processes and practices of specialty payer initiatives.
Develops and maintains strategic relationships with key internal and external stakeholders (for example, Benefits, Health and Wellness, Legal, Public Relations, Marketing, Operations) and external organizations (for example, medical providers, health systems, payers, healthcare blogs) by facilitating agreements on specialty pharmacy payer strategies.
Collaborates with industry leaders to develop Walmart's specialty pharmacy programs.
Manages relationships with external partners throughout payer new business rollout.
Creates specialty pharmacy business development initiatives for Walmart Health and Wellness by utilizing expertise in specialty pharmacy industry to evaluate and propose specialty services opportunities.
Identifies gaps in the specialty market that could be potential opportunities for Walmart.
Develops communications and presentations for proposing new specialty pharmacy business plans to senior leadership.
Negotiates, influences, and implements strategic initiatives related to national, regional, state, and commercial programs to drive new sales, market share, and profits by evaluating short- and long-term return on investments and risks.
Evaluates prescription drug plans to determine fit with the Walmart Health and Wellness strategy.
Analyzes data to define future budgets, forecasts, and action plans to achieve financial goals or initiatives.
Provides overall direction for specialty pharmacy payer programs by analyzing business objectives and customer needs.
Develops, communicates, builds support for, and implements business strategies, plans, and practices.
Analyzes costs and forecasts and incorporates into business plans.
Collaborates with Finance team members to create pharmacy payer models for prospective clients.
Leads the delivery of specialty enterprise growth and revenue generation targets across various payer segments and networks.
Identifies business opportunities to strengthen Walmart's specialty market presence.
Leads and formulates specialty pharmacy requests for proposal responses and participates in the full sales cycle, including leading specialty pharmacy capabilities discussions with prospective clients.
Directs the growth of specialty pharmacy payer business by developing and maintaining internal and external business relationships.
Understands mutual value propositions, risks, and benefits.
Supports engagement and dialogue with stakeholders to mitigate risks, resolve issues, and realize value propositions and subsequent business objectives.
Directs the establishment of new specialty pharmacy payer business by ensuring that Walmart has adequate and suitable resources to complete its activities.
Organizes and coordinates operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity.
Identifies potential customers and decision makers.
Participates in the pricing of products.
Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines.
Represents Walmart at events and conferences.
Provides feedback and information on market and creative trends.
Provides overall direction by
- analyzing business objectives and customer needs
- developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices
- analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans
- determining and supporting resource requirements
- evaluating operational processes
- measuring outcomes to ensure desired results
- identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities
- promoting a customer environment
- demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by
- diagnosing capability gaps
- recruiting, selecting, and developing talent
- supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning
- leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by
- integrating these values into all programs and practices
- developing consequences for violations or non-compliance
- supporting the Open Door Policy.
Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by
- sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives
- engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives
- supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Live our Values
- Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
- Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
- Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
- Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
- Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
- Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
- Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
- Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in business, arts, sciences, or related area and 4 years’ experience in pharmacy or specialty pharmacy payer relations, pharmacy sales, pharmacy benefit manager operations, or related area.
Option 2: 8 years’ experience in healthcare, pharmacy, managed care, or related area.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Leading pharmacy sales initiatives for a specialty pharmacy or pharmacy benefit manager., Master's degree in business or a related area
Primary Location...2001 SE 10th St, Bentonville, AR 72716-3724, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth