Senior iOS Engineer
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH98849
What you'll do at
We need super smart engineers to help us build one of the best engineered e-commerce platforms in the world (big talk we know, but that is our goal!). Our engineers combine creativity, curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize Jet from the inside out. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general (Jet is a technology first company and prides itself on its culture of learning and knowledge sharing and we want all our engineers to be as passionate as we are!)
Our infrastructure is largely built on Microsoft Windows. We have a hybrid configuration with on premise servers and cloud based servers using Microsoft Azure with many additional technologies and middleware. We support three warehouses, a call center, corporate headquarters, and the development environment in the cloud. Our team uses a mix of Windows, Apple, and some Linux for our systems management platforms and cutting edge network equipment. About 50% of the development platform runs on Linux and the rest Windows.
Customer first: Customer experience is a top priority so you must have a strong product sense paired with the vision to translate product goals into high quality shippable code to create a truly delightful mobile experience.
Collaborative: You will work closely with our product, design and QA teams to spec, build, test and deploy new features with the goal of customizing the Jet experience for the iOS platform.
Open minded: Engage in our collaborative philosophy by being an active member in the Objective-C/Swift/iOS community. A strong relationship with Apple is a plus!
What you'll be working on
The iOS Engineer is responsible for working closely with varying teams to create new features for the Jet iOS app. Your ultimate goal is to deliver the best in class experiences to the end user.
New features: Architect and build new features for the Jet iOS app using Swift and help with the development of our iPad specific app
iOS Excellence: As a part of an agile iOS team, you will continue to foster the strong relationship we have built with Apple and will have unparalleled opportunity to impact our product and millions of customers!
You have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around where the only constant is change and you have these main skills:
- Hands-on native iOS Swift experience – including implementing customer facing features using Interface Builder, writing unit tests, and integrating with frameworks such as Cocoa or Carthage
- Experience in working within a mobile software development team through the process of building and releasing an app to the App store
- A strong technical background, with deep understanding of client-server architecture
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things to the next level and a passion for adopting the latest features in iOS
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field preferred.
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest shopping experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no ones looked before and bringing it! Our engineers are utilizing world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving customers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is changing the shopping norm and learning a lot along the way, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
See what we’ve been up to
"A New & Improved Saving Experience" // by Jessica Anerella, Product Design at Jet.com
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents