Senior Manager, Trust & Safety & Compliance
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH945769
What you'll do at
Senior Manager, Trust & Safety & Compliance
About the Job:
The Senior Manager, Trust & Safety & Compliance, is responsible for promoting Trust and Safety across the Jet.com Marketplace business.
In this new role, the Senior Manager will enforce trust and safety policies and implement trust and safety programs, including item and seller risk management and anti-fraud and anti-counterfeit strategies. Reporting into the Senior Director for Trust & Safety for Walmart.com, the Senior Manager, Trust & Safety will partner with the Global Trust & Safety Team, the Walmart.com and Jet.com Marketplace and Retail teams, Customer Support, Legal, Financial Operations, Technology, and Analytics to build a robust and scalable trust and safety ecosystem.
This position must also cultivate an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics while developing and leveraging internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and customer-focused. The position requires a hands-on, entrepreneurial style, and personal involvement to whatever degree necessary to manage responsibilities and key relationships. We are looking for a cross-functional team player who drives hard, can handle controversy, and makes decisions firmly and objectively.
- Support and implement the Jet.com and Global Walmart Trust & Safety programs, and manage the planning, execution and launch of key initiatives in several areas including:
- Program development: Partnering with various stakeholders to finalize plans for the efficient build-out of the Jet.com Trust & Safety program in accordance with Walmart and Jet guidelines. Built great trust in Jet’s Marketplace business involving multiple stakeholders. Plan and manage all of Trust and Safety efforts. Deliver the intended customer experience, using frontline feedback to improve the program.
- Policy management: Working with various stakeholders to manage Jet’s prohibited item and seller management policies, while driving the growth of the business.
- Seller onboarding and performance management: Working with various stakeholders, including technology and analytics teams, to build a scalable onboarding and performance management system for Marketplace sellers.
- Trust relations: Partnering with Customer Service to develop processes for managing trust and safety escalations, dispute resolution, claim resolution, and other customer-facing programs.
- Trust operations: Partnering with Global Trust & Safety, Technology, Analytics, Customer Support and other teams to build tools, filters, models and processes to disrupt potential seller fraud, platform abuse, and policy violations.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Government Relations, or related fields; or J.D.
- 3 years’ experience in risk and fraud management, policy management, risk assessments, risk operations or 5 years in Customer Support, Audit or Compliance department
- Strong management skills; sets clear priorities and performance goals for the team and eliminates barriers to the team’s success.
- Proven results of balancing due diligence while delivering fast outcomes that our customers love.
- Smart, organized analytical thinker, with the ability to perform detailed analysis of numerous metrics.
- Skill set requirements are as follows: facilitation, leadership, portfolio management and execution, communication with diverse audiences and stakeholders, at all levels, including senior executives and customer
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with people at a variety of levels.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Previous fraud, risk management, policy, ecommerce and/or dispute resolution experience in the consumer products or retail space.
- Previous fraud detection, risk management, and/or policy experience in the financial services industry
- Experience operating in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with matrixed reporting and while relying on others.
- Familiarity with the Walmart.com and Jet.com customer experience, site and business.
- Experience working with external stakeholders, industry partners, and government regulators.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents