Fulfillment Center Process Manager
- Location SPARKS, NV
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH81461
What you'll do at
Do you feel the need for speed?
Jet.com is seeking Process Managers for our Fulfillment Center (FC) in Sparks NV. Jet is a well-funded start-up in the ecommerce space which plans to be the hottest startup of 2015 (you will be kicking yourself if you can do this job but don’t get in touch with us!). We have already recruited some of the best people in the country, so you will be working with a very smart group of people in a very exciting company.
All staff in our Fulfillment Centers are responsible for getting Jet customers their orders. You are responsible for ensuring smooth day to day operation of a single or multiple departments within the fulfillment center
- Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Hiring, coaching, mentoring, counselling and performance management of Associates.
- Identify areas for improvements in safety, quality, service and productivity
- Assist in workforce planning for the department/FC
- In addition, one of the most important aspects of your job is to lead change at mach speeds... our growth is relentless.
Permission for a flyby: granted.
Additional Job Elements:
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years relevant fulfillment experience
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who)
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
- Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field is a plus
- 3+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or order fulfillment environment
- Management of a minimum of 15 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment)
If you feel like you have what it takes to be our wingman - apply today!
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents