Equipment Specialist, 2nd Shift
- Location GARDNER, KS
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH239968
What you'll do at
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
Hourly Equipment Specialist
Jet.com's Fulfillment Center (FC) in Gardner, KS is a fast-paced environment. Our fulfillment team is new so be prepared for rapid growth! We want employees who care and take pride in their work, and given that we’re a start-up you will need to be a jack of all trades - be prepared to wear many hats! Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Proved hands-on trainers for the powered/automated operators within the FC
- Responding to trouble request for all powered/automated equipment
- Operate powered equipment in safe, proper ways only
- Responsible for completing tasks/work orders with direction from the Maintenance Leads
- Perform preventative maintenance/repair of all buildings, automation, and powered equipment etc.
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Operate various powered equipment
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
- Ability to work in construction/distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
- A completed training certification on powered/automated equipment
- 1-year minimum previous experience on powered/automated equipment
- 3+ years experience- BONUS!
- Strong awareness of safety of others and for your self
- Strong understanding of mechanical and electrical systems
- Experience using hand, powered and diagnostic tools will be required
- Time management skills and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Attention to detail and take pride in your work
- Established communication, interpersonal, and listening skills
- Ability to interact and participate in a fast-paced, high-energy, team-driven environment
We are looking for hourly specialists on 2nd shift from 6:00 pm- 4:30 am 4 nights a week! There is a shift differential for night shift!
If you love to work hard and play hard and want to join our 800+ purple team, apply now!
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents