Planning Manager, Jewelry and Watches
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1756187
What you'll do at
Want to be at the forefront of changing how people shop? The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, transportation, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping.
<ABOUT THE ROLE>
As a Fashion Merchandise Planning Manager, you are responsible for managing inventory, planning and forecasting for high-growth, complex merchandise categories – ensuring that assortment, price and availability are a “win-win” for our customers and Walmart eCommerce. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points – providing financial plans and supporting business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
You won’t do this alone. You will work with a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale. In addition to bringing the “art” to the “science” of retailing, we’re also counting on you to share your Fashion planning knowledge and expertise with your team and foster a collaborative and supportive environment.
<WHAT YOU’LL DO>
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Category Management, Site Merchandising, Finance, and Marketing) to assist in the development of category financial plans and budgets
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Manages demand plans/inventory strategies for low-to-moderately complex category
- Develops inventory projects and buying strategies for the category
- Conducts analyses, risk assessment and modeling on inventory plans
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Reviews sales and profit forecasts against actual results to ensure key financial metrics on the category P&L are met
- Provides input on key metrics for own category team
- Models, analyzes and evaluates impact of key variables on category performance
- Provides input into models, analysis, and evaluation of the impact of key variables (e.g., shipping promotions, rollbacks, seasonal campaigns) on category performance
- Manages and executes category budgets, season or campaign buy plans and line review financials
Forecasting and Financial Planning:
- Manages forecast meetings and processes and decision making for a low-to-moderately complex category
- Reviews forecast plans for low-to-moderately complex category
- Reviews vendor/seller forecasts to ensure alignment to strategy for low-to-moderately complex category
- Provides input into category financial plans and budgets (e.g., for sales, margins, 3P revenue) for low-to-moderately complex category
- Provides input into assortment, pricing and shipping decisions for low-to-moderately complex category
- Provides input into purchasing recommendations for category management counterparts
- Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance
- Have performance and career development conversations
- Maintains team motivation and engagement
- Mentors Planners
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
<WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE (QUALIFICATIONS)>
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- Five years of experience in finance, inventory replenishment, category management, site merchandising, pricing or related area
This is that place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and build a career you’re proud of. We’re committed to supporting and developing our workforce–further strengthening our “people-led, tech-empowered” enterprise.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents