Planning Specialist Lead, Men's Fashion
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1747281
What you'll do at
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, transportation, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission. Drive change. Make impact. Join us on our mission.
<ABOUT THE ROLE>
As a Fashion Merchandise Planning Specialist Lead, you are responsible for managing inventory, planning and forecasting for high-growth, complex merchandise categories – ensuring that assortment, price and availability are a “win-win” for our customers and Walmart eCommerce. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points – providing financial plans and supporting business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
You won’t do this alone. You will work with a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale. In addition to bringing the “art” to the “science” of retailing, we’re also counting on you to share your Fashion planning knowledge and expertise with your team and foster a collaborative and supportive environment.
<WHAT YOU’LL DO>
- Collaborates with sub-category team members (category management, site merchandising) to understand and provide input into financial plans.
- Coordinates and completes demand plans for sub-category suppliers/sellers; models future buying and inventory plans
- Assists in the development of buying and inventory strategies for the sub-category
- Analyzes seasonal inventory flow plans to ensure customer demand is met, and summarizes findings
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Analyzes financial data (e.g., seasonal inventory flow plans, forecasts against actuals) for sub-category
- Summarizes key performance metrics (e.g., in-stock, inventory turnover, return on investment, sales, margin, channel mix) for sub-category
Forecasting and Financial Planning:
- Creates forecast parameters and modifications and provides input into financial strategy for sub-category
- Monitors vendor/seller forecasts (for 1P and 3P). Identifies potential goals for category teams (e.g., category manager, site merchandising manager) based on forecasting. Implements new item/product forecasts
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides input into sub-category budgets, season buy plans and line review financials
- Assists in the placement and validation of orders within sub-category and monitors orders to ensure proper quantity and pricing
- Coaches less experienced team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance
- Mentors less experienced team members
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
<WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE (QUALIFICATION)>
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years' experience in demand planning, finance, inventory replenishment, category management, site merchandising, pricing or related field
What could you accomplish with Walmart? Explore our career opportunities at walmartcareers.com. Unlimited roles and opportunities for growth.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents