Manager, B2B Media Strategy
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1728859
What you'll do at
The Walmart Media Group is Walmart’s advertising solutions platform for our brand partners. Every day we work with hundreds of brands, reach millions of customers and influence billions in sales across the entire digital media landscape. The Walmart Media Group Marketing and Growth Enablement team supports everything from event management to macro storytelling and change management.
We are looking for a seasoned media strategist with experience planning and buying across all channels – from display, print, OOO and TV to video, mobile, email and social channels. You will be part of the team responsible for lead generation, event management and strategic agency partnerships, with a focus on generating new business and partnerships while educating the market on Walmart Media Group’s value proposition.
In this role, you will own the strategy through execution for all Walmart Media Group media buying activities in support of key external touchpoints. This includes initiatives spanning from brand and product launches to agency tours, brand summits and conference participation. You’ll partner with creative, sales and brand to develop content and positioning that aligns to the overall Walmart Media Group market positioning. You will also be responsible for ensuring all executive stakeholders are aligned and aware of ‘always on’ plans and major pushes.
Overall, we’re looking for ambitious, fun, creative, people-oriented folks who are truly willing to roll up their sleeves to solve business challenges in creative and structured ways (no lie, you might not have sleeves by the end of this).
- Lead media planning and buying across all channels, owning planning through execution. Always be in development and testing new channels.
- Research and recommend media planning tools such as Nielsen, ComScore, eMarketer, Prisma, DoubleClick, and Forrester for application/analysis into competitive landscape, target digital consumption support, plan development, and reporting.
- Monitor competitive activity, industry trends, tools, opportunities and applications in paid media environments, and appropriately apply that knowledge
- Develop and present media specific documents such as RFPs, media plans, objectives and strategies decks, and other related functions
- Lead creative ideation, from concept to execution. Partner cross-functionally to ensure all deliverables are on brand and solving for the business objective.
- Create campaign post launch information such as screenshots, links and placement information to demonstrate proof of placement for clients
- Manage day-to-day communication with key partners: Vendors, Partner Agencies and in-house creative teams.
- Own campaign readouts with the ability to distill and curate insights and findings.
- Work with LDR to qualify leads and track activity via Salesforce.
- Someone who can play at both a strategic and tactical level with deep experience in demand generation and event management
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to partner cross-functionally, build and manage relationships across an organization
- A proven problem-solver who can identify the root cause of challenge and proactively work to solve
- Experience in the advertising business
- Must be able to travel (10% of the time)
- 5-7 years’ experience in media planning and buying
- Supported and driven media strategy for a B2B or advertising related business
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents