Site Merchandising Analyst, Fashion
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1721495
What you'll do at
Site Merchandising Analyst, Fashion
Want to be at the forefront of changing how people shop? The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, transportation, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission. Drive change. Make impact. Join us on our mission.
<ABOUT THE ROLE>
The site merchandising team is responsible for leading the strategy, innovation and development of our customer experience. We’re looking for a strategic, collaborative, and highly analytical individual to join site merchandising. The right candidate will demonstrate a winning attitude, be flexible, action and results oriented, analytical and self-starting. They will be responsible for creating, automating and analyzing customer and site data to help improve the fashion experience. This role is critical to ensuring that the Fashion group is powered by data-informed insights at both a tactical and strategic level. The role requires strong independent thinking skills, coupled with the ability to lead the narrative on how to approach and solve key problems the business faces daily. While strong analytical acumen is a must, the ideal candidate must also be able to communicate data and insights to business users and package ideas/results into cohesive, strategic stories. They will be passionate about fashion and creating the best in class online fashion destination.
<WHAT YOU’LL DO>
- Work within the site merchandising team to deliver in-depth analysis and actionable insights to the Fashion business that apply to navigation, content, onsite search and other areas of the front-end customer experience
- Create reports & dashboard for leadership to leverage in making strategic business decisions
- Automate reports and create visualization leveraging Tableau and other analytics tools
- Partner with platform analytics teams to leverage cross-site data and analysis
- Present findings to stakeholders and leadership, translating data into business performance
- Partner with technology teams on reporting requirements and enhancements
- Identify traffic trends and opportunities for improving engagement, user retention, and site conversion rates
- Analyze site and digital campaign data, to evaluate how the business can drive traffic and conversion
- Utilize historical data and ongoing analysis to provide data driven insights and inform strategic business decisions
- Identify pathways that drive sales for each area of the business and how to optimize exposure and taxonomy
- Conduct deep dive data assessments on a monthly and quarterly cadence of the fashion eCommerce business with a holistic summary of performance and takeaways
- Partner with eCommerce operations, marketing, and creative to test hypotheses using AB and multivariate testing to drive incremental sales and conversion
- Partner with other analytic functions to share best practices and develop consistent analytic practices and frameworks
- Support and train internal users on digital analytics tool
- Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and the evolving analytics landscape
<WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE (QUALIFICATION)>
- 3+ years of experience within a digital or marketing analytics capacity (previous eCommerce experience is preferred)
- Proficient in SQL, Tableau, and Advanced Excel (R or Python a plus)
- Experience using Adobe Analytics or similar site metrics tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Math/Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
- Structured and organized thinker who can drive analytical projects to completion with minimal direction; intense analytical ability, attention to detail and ability to deep-dive when necessary
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Site Analytics and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Experience building standardized reporting dashboards, performance benchmarks and visual reporting
- Successful in summarizing and aggregating findings into succinct and actionable insights
- Strong business acumen and scrappiness - you approach problems in a scientific manner but can also execute pragmatically
- Comfort working cross-functionally with other teams and advocating your ideas and insights with the ability to navigate a rapidly growing and often fluid organization
- Strong understanding of customer facing technology, latest trends and online marketing / merchandising environment
- Strategic thinking disciplined creative passion, and a willingness to be hands-on
- High energy, positive "can do" attitude, and self-motivated
- Team player and collaborative
This is that place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and build a career you’re proud of. We’re committed to supporting and developing our workforce–further strengthening our “people-led, tech-empowered” enterprise.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents